Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    I noticed on a student's paper that he was long-dividing some numbers, and what was the number inside the radical? 113.84, which I think counts for this thread.

I started to count the number of my posts in this thread, and I think the one just before this one was #83, unless I goofed (quite possible).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

On this day in 1138, Lư Anh Tông, aged 2, was crowned the sixth emperor of the Lư Dynasty in Đại Việt (now called Vietnam).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The most recent AP college football poll has Oklahoma ranked #7, and they received 1138 total votes.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The most recent AP college football poll has Oklahoma ranked #7, and they received 1138 total votes.
    Go OU!!

My son's soon-to-be alma mater. (He starts January 17).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

A quick internet search of the phrase "1138 passing yards" brought up this as the first hit: "Congdon has amassed 1,138 passing yards in five games this season, throwing 13 touchdowns and only three interceptions."

[edit] And I think this post was submitted at 11:38am PST!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    [edit] And I think this post was submitted at 11:38am PST!
    The old format used to show the time that posts were made. Now it is all in imprecise relative terms.

I know, I know. Sad. Especially for we obsessive ones. Ones. Threes. Eights.

I have been trying to finish the SOTE trading card set for the last several years (only need Boba Fett chase card #82), so I've been putting "Shadows of the Empire" in the search bar of eBay over that time. I finally found an auction for #82 (at a pretty good deal, too) and how many items matched the phrase "Shadows of the Empire" when I searched? You guessed it: 1,138. It that serendipity, or what?

As I was making copies of my Christmas/2011 year letter at Kinko's the other day, I noticed that on the screen for copy #96, including tax, the running total was $11.38... but then about 20 more copies ran through (and more money).

I finished grading all the students' work for finals. Not a single final total of 1138 points. Not even any close that I could :cough: improve their grade, either.

But, with other interesting numbers, as I was putting in things for my Pittsburgh sports collectibles, I noticed that I got my 366th Pirates item (one for each day in next year's leap year), my 52nd Penguins item (one for each week of 2012), and... anticlimatically my 259th Steelers item (one for... uh, well... Terry Bradshaw's pass completions in his last Super Bowl year of '79; yeah! ... thanks Internet search engine).