Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    I put in a bid on an eBay item today, with 11 hours and 38 minutes left in the auction. Clearly, I don't understand sniping. We'll see if I win some shoes.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

p.s. I am the owner of barely-worn Converse All Star 2000 basketball shoes (replaces my own that died earlier).

I know I'm addicted to 1138, when a news report that there've been 1118 cases of West Nile in the US this year, and my first thought was if there'd be 20 more. I'm sorry.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

File this under "missed it by that much...":

I had jury duty today and was sent to a court room hearing a case where I'm a potential witness.
    Checking the proceedings in the court's computer, I was jettisoned from the court room at 11:42.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I had several "MIBTM" ones lately: on my phone today was a call about a library book hold that's in that came at 11:26am, the Dow Jones and S&P 500 went down 115.30 and 11.41 points respectively yesterday, an email message sent at 11:37 this morning, noticed my trip-ometer when it was at 114.2 miles. So close.

Checking NFL stats shows that RB Marshawn Lynch of the Seahawks is second in the league with 1,138 rushing yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Checking NFL stats shows that RB Marshawn Lynch of the Seahawks is second in the league with 1,138 rushing yards.
    Go Seahawks!

I work with numbers all the time at work, and I've been noticing 1138 show up a bit more lately.

There was something in the paper recently in the "This Day in History" that had 1138 in it, but I don't remember what it was. I think it was deaths in a disaster or some sort of attack or battle. I'll see if I can find it again.

Here it is:

November 26, 1943 - During World War II, the HMT Rohna, a British transport ship carrying American soldiers, was hit by a German missile off Algeria; 1,138 men were killed.

Ugh, that's a rough one, MSP.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Discovered that NFL running back DeAngelo Williams has 1,138 career rusihing attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Discovered that NFL running back DeAngelo Williams has 1,138 career rusihing attempts.
    I guess it is time for him to retire then. He hasn't done that great for my fantasy football team in a while.