Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    More football stats: NFL RB Ray Rice now has 1,138 rushing yards through week 16, and NCAA WR Tommy Shuler of Marshall has that number in receiving yards.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I have now finished grading all my students' final exams, and recorded their point totals. The last student's total I entered was... 1,139 pts. Oh so close; no one had the magic number, and I obviously would not change any just to reach it.

And I think I saw another 1138 in AOTC (that backpack from the battle droid in TPM returns in the arena or the droid factory scene).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I checked my receipt for some tickets I purchased today; transaction time of 11:38am.

Noticed that some of the rooms at the university writing conference I attended were 1130, 1132, 1134. I looked around and even asked a guide, but apparently there was no such 1138 room on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Noticed that some of the rooms at the university writing conference I attended were 1130, 1132, 1134. I looked around and even asked a guide, but apparently there was no such 1138 room on campus.
    Weird! Tycho's apartment building is exactly the same way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I forgot to post this last week, but the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats, after their loss to the Lakers, held an 11-38 record (a 1-2 record since has obviously changed that).

We cleared our latest homicide scene at 23:38 last night. Does that count?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Military times will just have to change over to more readable times. I say it's fine.

Last night, there was an icing call at the 11:38 mark in the SJ/Chi hockey game.

I was driving home from helping out at a fun run this morning. "Welcome to the Machine" came on the radio, and as I glanced at the clock, the time said 11:38.

Saw the Harlem Globetrotters today, and during halftime, I just happened to notice the scoreboard at a certain time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6799.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	27164