Bad Lego News...

Read about it here,

http://www.fbtb.net
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 02-12-2002 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks for the news Battledroid.This seems a bit stupid
    on Legos part....I hope this isnt true and they shall
    continue to do new releases,at least a few in the summer.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Doesn't really matter to me, heck, with E2 sets, that's 14-15 sets for 2002. As long as they continue making them each year.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Ah,I must've counted wrong.I thought Lego only released
    9-10 E2 Lego sets...Thanks for clearing it up LTBasker.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Classic/E1:
    Final Duel I
    Final Duel II
    Jedi Defense I
    Jedi Defense II
    TECHNIC Vader
    TECHNIC R2
    Cloud Car
    Ewok Attack

Episode 2:
    Slave I
    Anakin's Speeder
    Zam's Speeder
    Dooku w/ crane
    Tusken Raiders
    Jedi Starfighter
    Gunship

Unless I'm mistaken, that's all the 2002 sets. Good amount.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Basker, you forgot the Technic Jango and Technic Super Battle Droid, bringing the count up to 17.

This is indeed sad news, but at least the line isn't totally dead. I am gonna talk to LEGO about this and see if I can get details, see if there are going to be Winter 2003 sets and/or Shop At Home exclusives.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm not what the big deal is. That's just how TLG works. Its more the norm for them to put out all their new sets in one or two shots for the year. Only the last couple of years have they been putting out new set through out the year. I'm not sure how many people here are hard core lego maniacs, but if you been collecting for any length of time before '99 you should know this.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I remember getting new sets in Winter and again in Summer (December and April/June usually), and once in a while getting a smattering of new stuff in Spring and Fall. However, while Lego hasn't gotten back to me on this, I think the problem is we won't be seeing more Star Wars sets next Winter, which means that we waited in 2001 from Winter to Winter and we'll now be spending 2002 waiting from Summer to 2003 Summer at least.

If I'm wrong and we do see sets next Winter (aka December 2002), then I don't see the problem, that's how they've been doing it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.