Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

3 changes to this year's TAC line

I just posted this in the news:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=1319

Pretty surprising stuff, I think. It seems like there's going to be a giant hole where Star Wars used to be this Summer. Kinda sucks. I wonder what the reasoning was for this changeup.

Glad they got that new hip articulation into Obi-Wan and Anakin, that turns them from figures I didn't want into figures I definitely want.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So, how long are we going to have to wait before we start seeing any new OT figures? I guess this is our little taste of what it's going to feel like when the line finally gets cancelled.

I guess I picked a good time to fill in some of the holes in my vintage collection. Looks like I can start shopping around for that vintage Yak Face, because I guess I can afford him now with all the money I'm going to be saving this year.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Hasbro's last word was the later part of the year's basic line will have new OT figs, and with this announcement there seems to be no plans to change that.

I just realized what's going to be this summer from the SW team, I guess they're sacrificing SW for the Indiana Jones line.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hasbro's last word was the later part of the year's basic line will have new OT figs, and with this announcement there seems to be no plans to change that.

I just realized what's going to be this summer from the SW team, I guess they're sacrificing SW for the Indiana Jones line.
    That means there's probably going to be a huge lag in the waves and they'll start to come out back to back like they did last summer/fall.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Good to hear, now maybe I can get caught up.

Most likely. It's all about getting the holiday sales I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Most likely. It's all about getting the holiday sales I guess.
    Yeah, but the holidays is the worst time to look, because everyone's looking, even non-collectors.

I do miss having a second shif job though, because I could go out after work each night and check all the pallets for new stock. During the holiday season they usually put more out up until 2 weeks or so before Christmas.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Damn, tis is going to be just like last year. Most people didnt see the last 2 waves because of all the stuff coming out. HTS better help me out again.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm only planning on getting less than half of the Indy figures so hopefully this works out for Hasbro.

I just don't like the precedent they set last year with SM3 and Transformers and hope it doesn't continue again next year. And it's not just basic SW figures that will probably be affected but Galactic Heroes and Titaniums.

I'd like to ask them if they acknowledge that having no orginal trilogy basic figures through the fall gives a lot of us an opportunity to do something else with our money. And they better hope we come back.