Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Star Wars Micro Machines Renaissance?

I loved all the pics from Toy Fair, and I was pleasantly surprised to see some Action Fleet vehicles among the pictures. Honestly, I was never a completist when it came to Micro Machines (at least not beyond the very first waves back in 1994-95), but I tended to pick up my favorite ships/vehicles when they were made into Micro Machines. I remember back about this time in 2000 when I saw some pics of the Action Fleet Neva Kee's Podracer. I was writing a paper at the time, often late at night. I would come on to SirSteve'sGuide for little breaks. I wanted that podracer so much, and that's right around the time they stopped producing Star Wars Micro Machines. So, it's good to see that SW MM might soon see a Renaissance, starting with a handful of Action Fleet vehicles. Since we're going to get three classic vehicles, I wonder how many mini-figures they will come with, one or two? Personally, I think it would be neat to do a ROTJ version of the Falcon with Lando and Nien Nunb. Also, does anybody know... will the first wave consist entirely of the three classic vehicles, with the Episode II sets to come later? If so, then ironically, when it comes time for midnight madness next April, the first new toys I buy might just be classic vehicles! *L*

In any case, who doesn't love a comeback? Especially when it's great toys that are making the comeback! And I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on that Neva Kee's Podracer!
    "Is that the Six Million Dollar Man's boss?"

Just added a news story that says that Hasbro is going to do Episode II Action Fleet vehicles, but will be releasing them in the fall. More waiting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Fall!!!!!! NOOOO, I hope that's not correct. I need new Action Fleet now! They should hold off everything else until the fall and get the MMs and AFs out ASAP.

Later,
    S43

Originally posted by shinakuma43
    The Fall!!!!!! NOOOO, I hope that's not correct. I need new Action Fleet now! They should hold off everything else until the fall and get the MMs and AFs out ASAP.

Later,
    S43
    I'm afraid it wasn't a rumor, this is what Hasbro said.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Where did the information in your news article come from JT, can you post a link to the original info?

For everybody reading this thread far in the future, here's a link to the news article that JT posted on here:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showar...?threadid=4059

I really hope thats info is false. I don't trust Hasbro. Who can after what they pulled a couple of days after buying out Galoob? Hasbro is probably thinking up some bull story to feed everyone when they say they cancalled the line again. I'm sorry JT, but, until I see the EpII Action Fleet. I will not believe anything Hasbro has to say.

Originally posted by Jangu Fett
    I really hope thats info is false. I don't trust Hasbro. Who can after what they pulled a couple of days after buying out Galoob? Hasbro is probably thinking up some bull story to feed everyone when they say they cancalled the line again.
    Hasbro would do something like that? I don't believe it.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Originally posted by RobertDD
    Where did the information in your news article come from JT, can you post a link to the original info?

For everybody reading this thread far in the future, here's a link to the news article that JT posted on here:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showar...?threadid=4059
    Robert, you already posted a link to the "original info" since the first site to post this was SSG ; we didn't scrounge this from other site, SSG got this info straight from Hasbro and is bringing it to you directly.

Jangu, I don't mind that you don't trust Hasbro.