Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I think someone just scored a j-slot firing Boba on ebay!

But I can't post a link because I don't have ten posts yet. I'd love to get a second opinion on this. The ebay username is headhunter54 and the auction title is:
    Old Star Wars Vintage Action Figure Lot Original 4!!!!

Sorry I can't give you a direct link!
    Thanks!
    Andrew

Well, if the auction is over none of us are going to be able to find it without the item number. That should be on the far right directly across from the auction title. Post that here and we'll be able to view it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

no auction number needed - just do an advanced search for that user name plus completed auctions!

I see it, now I'm just wondering how a girl who collected Barbies (according to the item description) would have ended up with an unpainted "J-slot" Boba Fett. That's a little weird.

BTW, here's the item number just to make it easier on everyone else:

I adjusted the brightness of that photo in Photoshop to try to get a better look at the slot on that Boba's back. Take a look:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	336c_1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	16651  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Hmmmm.

Here are the pics from the auction...

(edit: Sorry BigB... I see you beat me by a minute. )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lhookfett1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	16655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lhookfett2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	16656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lhookfett3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	16657  

Does that qualify as a "j-slot?" Or is it the other one? L-slot? I'm not a Boba Fett expert, so someone will have to enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    (edit: Sorry BigB... I see you beat me by a minute. )
    And I even took the time to adjust the levels on that one pic in Photoshop. I'm faster than I though.

You are fast... I cleaned mine up a little also.

Well... I'm no expert at all, but it looks like an "L slot" prototype. I dunno. It's always possible that the seller had some connection to someone from Kenner. It's also possible that it's a really clever fake though... hard to say.

The description was beginning to strain credibility for me as I read it. Although I do think the "some of these might be Star Trek figures" line was a nice touch.