Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

New Wave For Fall?

Rebelscum has another list of rumored figures. Follow the link to see what may be coming.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ist_112107.asp
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

This list should make alot of OT lovers VERY happy.

Though the main character rehashes kinda suck. The Chewie being the only exception to the rule...When did Chewie wear leg wraps, or is this edited scene material?

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Yarna? What is this April Fools Day? I'll believe it when I see it.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinscia Fat'o View Post
    This list should make alot of OT lovers VERY happy.

Though the main character rehashes kinda suck. The Chewie being the only exception to the rule...When did Chewie wear leg wraps, or is this edited scene material?
    When did Han and Luke wear head wraps? Unless it's in some literature I missed somewhere.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Sinscia Fat'o View Post
    The Chewie being the only exception to the rule...When did Chewie wear leg wraps, or is this edited scene material?
    The Han, Luke, & Chewie figures could be from the sandstorm scene cut from ROTJ. I might get them if the new look is different enough.

I already have a complete drum from the two Umpass-stay figures I bought. Still, I'll get Ak-Rev. Don't know who Bane Malor is. Some Batman villain I think.

Hopefully we'll get the Ewok 2-pack. I'll take Endor inhabitants over more Clones any day.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Han and Luke had head wraps in the sandstorm scene that was cut from ROTJ. I'm guessing that's where the Chewie comes from, too. Too bad there's not a Slave Leia with a cape and hat; that would be the coolest possible figure from that scene.

Vader with multiple-piece removeable helmet is the only Vader left to make that I'd definitely buy. Hasbro's said before it's impossible, but maybe they figured out a way.

The rest... Wow.

Yarna: I hope this is true. I can't tell you how much I hope this is true. They could make just her, and not another OT figure all year, and I'd be pleased with 2008.

Bane Malar: Definitely one of the coolest denizens of Jabba's Palace. Doallyn looks similar, so maybe the early rumors of him were a mixup?

Ak-Rev... and the other half of the drum! Awesomeness!!

Leektar and Nippet: Freaking sweet. Two of the best Ewok designs we've not seen so far. Packing a warrior with an unrelated Wokling is a bit of a weird idea, but I'm not about to complain.

Edit: You posted a link to the sandstorm scene, too! Ah, if only your post were there when I started, I wouldn't have had to look it up. BTW, here's pics of and info about Bane Malar, Leektar, and Nippet.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 02-05-2008 at 02:40 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Here's Bane Malar. Definitely one cool looking dude.

I hope Hasbro takes this opportunity to give us a proper SA Jabba's Palace Han Solo and doesn't just stick soft-goods wraps on the TSC Han Carbonite. Same goes with the Luke figure.

I don't know how to take the Yarna news, if it's true, then I already know what the one figure I'm looking forward to most for 2008 is. Until I see some prototypes, however, I'm not buying it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Ok, now my memory is running again. I forgot about the sandstorm.

Again I agree with you Chux. The Leia would be a great addition, and possibly, Lando too just to round out the scene.

The rest of the wave sound great as well. Don't really need another Vader, but I'll jump at a 2-piece helmet version.

Yarna...Hells yeah

Ewoks, can never have enough.

Ak-Rev and Bane, Yeah Baby!!!!

I hope this rumor turns out to be true. Hope we see these at Toy Fair, but I'm guessing Comic Con would be more likely since these are slated for later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I don't know how to take the Yarna news, if it's true, then I already know what the one figure I'm looking forward to most for 2008 is. Until I see some prototypes, however, I'm not buying it.
    Yeah, she has been mistakenly rumored quite a few times now, right? Once again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If it's true, she'd better be spectacular, since Hasbro waited three (?) years after their April Fool's joke to produce her.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

If they make Yarna I won't complain about the other figures made or not made this year. Period.

But I also won't believe it until I see the figure prototype.

And why do we have to wait until FALL for a basic original trilogy figure?

And I am concerned that they will pull a Jerjerrod or Dannik Jeriko with Yarna, make a terrible figure, and people won't buy it and say, "See, I told you Yarna wouldn't sell." Please just let it be a good sculpt in a neutral pose.

As for Luke, Han, and Chewie. After ten years I don't recall anyone proposing figures from the sandstorm scene, that no one has ever even seen. Very odd choices, but a unique idea. I would have thought Han, Luke, and Chewie from the Ewok spits would have made more sense.

I'd rather have Doallyn than Bane, but I'll take any Jabba's palace character.

Why wouldn't the baby Ewok be with its mother?

I'll buy all of these figures.