Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Yeah. But thankfully there are enough stores around here that'll be opening at different times (WM is 7, Target is 8, TRU is a few hours later) so that I'll likely be able to find what I want pretty early, even if they don't have midnight madness.
    If they do have a MM I WILL be there for an AT-TE!!!!!

If not then all of the Wal-Marts here are 24/7 and put out the new stuff late. I'll have a fourth one open in my area by that time, so I'm guessing I shouldn't have any problems getting one. I can hit the 2 of them while my wife hits the other 2.

July 26th just can't get here quickly enough.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    If there were a Midnight Madness release for the Clone Wars figures, I'm sure everyone who'd turn up would have one thing and one thing only on their minds: the AT-TE. Which would lead to it selling out quickly and fights breaking out.
    Make that the AT-TE AND the Spider Droid.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    Make that the AT-TE AND the Spider Droid.
    That's why it's good to go with friends and family.

I'll have my fiancee along. The priority is the AT-TE. So long as I secure 1 I'll be fine and will track down the others I want later. While I'm grabbing that, she'll be snagging 3 Homing Spider droids.

I still haven't made a definitive decision on the figures, so I won't worry about that for now.
    Move along, move along

Why?

You're acting like a $100 vehicle isn't going to be pretty easy to find.

I'm not trying to be contrary, but what in recent toy memory would indicate to you that'd be the case?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Why?

You're acting like a $100 vehicle isn't going to be pretty easy to find.

I'm not trying to be contrary, but what in recent toy memory would indicate to you that'd be the case?
    I'm not going on past sales of any particular figure.

I'm going on the fact that this has been a LONG sought after vehicle. Besides we collectors and even kids, you can BET scalpers are going to be hogging this up and making it hard for us to get at first. Overseas buyers may not get the opportunity like we will in the states and that is where I can see scalpers making their money.

Also, and this is a big point, there is only going to be so much room on shelves for a toy of this size. We'd be lucky to see any more than two at a time on shelves. So come J7-26 (I wanted to make a droid name out of the release date-hmm, could be a neat exclusive...anyway back on topic), especially if there is a Midnight Madness, I think at least for a time this is going to be hard to find. Also, it's not something that we as collectors would typically help out other collectors to get as it's not only a little costly, it would be expensive to ship for the eventual collector receiving it. (BTW, Pegger, I'll still hook you up on this if you need me to.)

To me (and Tycho), this is the VERY BEST Star Wars toy EVER made. Lights, sounds, holds 20 figures, moving electrical/mechanical parts, HUGE, nearly to scale...what else is there?

Couple all of this with the new cartoon coming out and it's going to have some backing to help it sell.

If it's not a retail success I'll be a bit surprised.

I guess call it a gut feeling, back by the strong desire for it by fans/collectors, and the new cartoon show bolstering it's awareness to the general public. Oh and if from what we've seen, if it's going to be a fall release, then there are the Holiday shoppers to contend with as well.

So I think I have a good grounded basis for why this will sell well and might be hard to find.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

The new show won't be out for another two months, though.

And a Midnight Madness for Clone Wars toys will be a non-event.

I agree that people will be looking for it, and it'll be the toughest CW toy to get. I just don't think it'll be some incredible seller that saves the economy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I just don't think it'll be some incredible seller that saves the economy.
    Well yeah, I wouldn't go THAT far either, heh heh. But it can help keep the SW line alive and well. (Crosses fingers and toes)
    Move along, move along

What it can do for the SW fans is lead to them making some of the larger scaled eicles tat they say would never sell like a Sail Barge. I am definitely going to et 2, 1 for me and one for my sons Christmas present. He will absolutely sh*t his pants on Dec 25th.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I get the suspicion that there will be some huge crows at San Diego area TRUs and WMs. It should be quite a meet and greet out there.

You know what I was thinking? If the Legacy line (ROTJ wave) gets the July 26th release date as well, and there is a Midnight Madness sale, chances are I might go to score that wave in one swoop.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]