Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another UGH

Another UGH

Yet again, Hasbro gives scalpers reasons to rejoice...

RS just revealed this years Ultimate Galactic Heist promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Yet again, Hasbro gives scalpers reasons to rejoice...

RS just revealed this years Ultimate Galactic Heist promotion.
    PASS!!!!

WTF. ANother UGH of sorts. Okay so it's "First Day of Issue," smae difference if it means foil stamping on cards.

I won't go out of my way to get them this time around. Just another money grubbing greed thing on the part of Hasbro.
    Move along, move along

I didn't get any of the UGHs the first or second time other than the Vintage style figures. Why start now.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Agreed! I remember when foil embossing almost killed the comic book industry in the early 90s. I got so tired of buying 5 covers of the same exact book that I walked away for a LONG while. In fact, I've never bought comics again in the bulk I did before then (paying for college and reading for that also helped). If avarice like UGH continues, I may end up doing the same with figures.

Last year, I picked up a few UGH's just to have at least one in my collection. This year I won't even bother if all that's different about the packaging is a sticker/foil stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Agreed! I remember when foil embossing almost killed the comic book industry in the early 90s. I got so tired of buying 5 covers of the same exact book that I walked away for a LONG while. In fact, I've never bought comics again in the bulk I did before then (paying for college and reading for that also helped). If avarice like UGH continues, I may end up doing the same with figures.
    That's the first thing that popped in my mind after reading 'foil stamped' I will run away, FAR AWAY!!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I got the first years ones, none of last year and even less of this years.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I didn't go out of my way to get them, if i found them i bought them. (Except for Concept Fett, which i tracked down from another collector who had an extra.) If i find these i will pick them up, but if i don't no sweat on my part. Nice idea, just bad--very bad for the hobby.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

This whole year for hasbro is SO gimmicky, it's disgusting. There's a total focus AWAY from the whole reason of the hobby this year, the FIGURE itself!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Couldn't have said it better myself, Deoxy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.