Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

July 26 launch date?

In the starwars.com announcement on the cardbacks (as seen in the other thread), it says:
    Look for the new Clone Wars packaging designs to hit store shelves on July 26.
    Does this mean there will be an actual launch date, like there was for the prequel stuff? It seems like an arbitrary day if there wouldn't be one. I hope there is an "official" launch, I absolutely loved the ones for the prequels.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I thought I read that somewhere once, but I didn't want to get anyones hopes up if I was wrong. That would be great if they did have an official date, and there wouldn't be such a lag in product for the summer.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

As much as I would love to have another Midnight Madness launch, July 26 is Comic Con weekend where a sizeable portion of their collector base will be. Hasbro must know this.

forgot about Comic-Con, would love another MM release but I don't think it going to happen.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Didnt they have the MM during c3 in 05?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

No, because I went to MM with some buddies who also went to C3 (and I didn't go to C3). But I can't remember whether C3 was before or after MM, though.
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

Celebration III was after the figures came out; I remember talking about it with people outside Target.

Actually i think it's a GREAT idea if there's a MM same day as Comicon. not every collector can make it to SDCC. So we can in a sense share in that day with being able to have another MM.
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 02-17-2008 at 06:04 PM.
    Move along, move along

If there were a Midnight Madness release for the Clone Wars figures, I'm sure everyone who'd turn up would have one thing and one thing only on their minds: the AT-TE. Which would lead to it selling out quickly and fights breaking out.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    If there were a Midnight Madness release for the Clone Wars figures, I'm sure everyone who'd turn up would have one thing and one thing only on their minds: the AT-TE. Which would lead to it selling out quickly and fights breaking out.
    Yeah. But thankfully there are enough stores around here that'll be opening at different times (WM is 7, Target is 8, TRU is a few hours later) so that I'll likely be able to find what I want pretty early, even if they don't have midnight madness.