Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vintage pegwarmers!

Anybody remember who they were?

The one that sticks out in my mind the most would be the B-Wing Pilot. I remember seeing a whole stack of them on POTF cards sitting at a Kaybee Toys in Santa Fe, NM as late as 1987.

The AT-ST Driver would be a close second, probably followed by General Madine.

In July 1986, my brother and I went to a TRU in California (somewhere around San Diego, I think) and we saw a clearance rack of POTF figures. They were 2 for $1 and still rotting on the pegs. Aside from the B-Wing Pilot and AT-ST Driver, I also remember seeing:
    Paploo
    Lumat
    Barada
    Imperial Dignitary

There might have also been a few Teebos and Combat Poncho Leia's in there. There was definitely one Jawa that I passed on for some inexplicable reason.

In the other aisle, we saw several Rebo Band sets for like $5 a piece and a bunch of the old Micro Collection Hoth sets for, I think, $1 to $2 each.

I had $25 on me that day and I left the store with a GI Joe HAVOC vehicle, a General Hawk action figure and a Lady Jaye action figure.

Ah, what a stupid kid I was.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

In July 1986, my brother and I went to a TRU in California (somewhere around San Diego, I think) and we saw a clearance rack of POTF figures. They were 2 for $1 and still rotting on the pegs. Aside from the B-Wing Pilot and AT-ST Driver, I also remember seeing:
    Paploo
    Lumat
    Barada
    Imperial Dignitary

There might have also been a few Teebos and Combat Poncho Leia's in there. There was definitely one Jawa that I passed on for some inexplicable reason.

In the other aisle, we saw several Rebo Band sets for like $5 a piece and a bunch of the old Micro Collection Hoth sets for, I think, $1 to $2 each.
    Ahhhhh, this post is killin' me smalls! Rippin' my heart right out!

I remember seeing a bunch of POTF at a local mall toy shop when I was 14 and I specifically remember seeing Amanaman and thinking he was stupid because at that point I thought Kenner was just making stuff up so they could still sell star wars figs. Well, I've been put in my place since then, that's for sure.

What I remember being around most was the endor rebel soldier and speeder bike!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I remember walking into Odd Lot(much like Big Lots today) and seeing all the POTF figures. I didnt get them because I bought Atari games. They had General Lando, Amanaman, Luke Stormtrooper, Barada and te rest. They were $1 dollar each. Me and my brother looked at them for a long time and ten went and got some Atari games for 2 bucks each instead.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Squid Head always seemed to be a major pegwarmer in my neck of the woods.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I really don't remember many vintage pegwarmers but have a few stories to share ...

-A local store called 'Odds n Ends' had piles of Lando skiff and Ree Yees for a $1 each. I did get Ree Yees as at that time I didn't have him yet.

-KB had pegs of ROTJ figures for $1.29 each (I've told this story at least a few times). Figures I remember were Klaatu, Klaatu skiff, & Weequay but I'm sure that Bib Fortuna, At St driver, Squidhead, Ree Yees, & Lando Skiff were in there. There wasn't any Biker Scouts, Han endor, or Leia endor in there because I would have bought them as I always wanted like a million Biker Scouts and I didn't have Han endor and Leia endor at that point. i did buy the Jabba playset that same day. They also had a pile of POTF figures for $4.99 each. Bought Barada that day.

-TRU had mountains of ROTJ figures for $.99 each. Probably all the beforementioned figures where there. I vaguely recall they had Droids and Ewoks figures but I don't think they were $.99 each.

That's it. Around 84-85 I was 11 and not too into Star Wars anymore. GiJoe was the toy to have.

I remember Dengar being everywhere.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

There was a small mom and pop toy store back in my home town that had almost all the POTF figures up until they closed in 1990. Had I not been a young dumb kid back then, I would have picked up one of each and stored them.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I remember Dengar being everywhere.
    That bastage was hiding in my closet, he was everywhere.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The B-Wing pilot I remember being the biggest of the pegwarmers. I past on that figure any number of times as a kid. I recall seeing a lot of Poncho Leias about the same time the rebels started cloning their B-Wing pilots. The KB's I went in '88 had nothing be pegwarmers. Klaatu, Admiral Ackbar, and the B-Wing pilot were in long supply. Beyond that I don't really remember too many pegwarmers. There was always at lest one figure I didn't have hanging around when I went to a toy the sold SW toys.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I remember as a kid odd lot had shelves and shelves full of Rebo bands and Jabba the Hutts.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."