Thread: Toy Fair 2008

Hybrid View

Toy Fair 2008

was wondering if anyone knows the dates for Toy Fair and if so does anyone plan on going. I mean I know SirSteve will be going or at a rep but is anyone going to go on general public day.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Steve is going, it's Feb 17th to the 20th, with preview on the 16th.

I'm afraid there is no general public day, it's a trade-only show.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Do you know how many waves of 2007 basic figures were shown at last years' show? I am wondering if all we'll see from the Star Wars basic line is the figures we've already seen from the first three waves.

Other sites are rumoring Yarna in Wave Four. I'd like to know the odds of a confirmation at this convention.

We still have the coverage up:
    http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...y.php?cat=5117

You can see they had many of the Force Unleashed figs when they were due to come out at the end of '07, but for some reason with the regular basic figs they only brought waves 1-3.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks!

So MAYBE we'll see a fourth wave as these pictures show Concept Stormie, Concept Fett, Concept Chewie, and Concept Vader. So I think we saw figures from the first four waves last year.

But with Force Unleased, Clone Wars cartoons, and Indy figures I wonder if there is any chance of seeing the first wave of basic original trilogy figures, which is what I am interested in.

What with the announced delays and everything, I'm expecting to see very little in the way of previously unseen figures. I AM hoping to see the AT-TE mind you.....
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008