Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Anyone A Completist Anymore?

I was just wondering if anyone out there still feels the need to pick up every single carded release ever made. I use to consider myself one until the repacks started hitting heavy and I decided not to be a MOC collector anymore.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I have gotten the first 4 full waves and the first half of the 5th one. But I've been slacking....I do like to try to get entire runs, but so many rehashes makes it boring.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade

A figure has to be fairly unique for me to want to buy it. I don't new versions of old figures, but there had better be something compelling about it.

Never have been, so no.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Even though I've gotten all of the last two lines, I don't consider myself to be a completist.

I say no to repacks. I only buy new figures of never before done characters, or improved versions of older characters. For example would i buy a repack of a POTF2 Nien Numb...No. Would i buy a newly sculpted Nein Numb with some SA action going on, yep sure would.

Though i used to be a Completist back before the dark times that was Episode One...Still missing the last wave of those figures! I also used to be a MOC collector...that changed with the TAC collection, and i have actually enjoyed the collection 100% more by being a loose collector.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Never have been, so no.
    Ditto here, too.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Nope, not any more. I was trying pretty hard up until last year, but I think I'm through those woods at this point.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

The only wave I ever went all out trying to get was the very first wave sold in 1996. After that, I'v been extreamly picky. I don't even have those figures anymore.

I am. I still buy two of each figure one loose one carded, every variation, gift packs, any release that I find. I'm probably the only one who likes repacks. To me it's kind of a neat way to see a figure in the original release and how it looks, in a new package. I mean look at the vintage figures, I love looking through price guides and seeing how many repacks were available and those were the same 96+ figures.

I guess we all have our own way we like to collect. I'll never get being an army builder or setting up scenes. I love looking at others collection/scenes, I just don't have the time or room.