Hybrid View

Pre-Toy Fair rumors!

From, http://jedidefender.com/newspro/full...2777523,60620,

* AT-TE: The vehicle is indeed "huge", as we caught a glimpse of in the CNN video. It will feature a motorized troop deployment door though, and electronic sounds as well! If other rumors hold true, this vehicle could very well be to-scale to the figures!

* Clone Trooper Helmet: This Role-Play Toy is going to have something extra to it. The word is that there may be a holographic projection feature that works with the visor. Could kids have the Emperor send Order 66 sent to them?

* New Clone Wars Figures: The new line is indeed going to be animated... sort of. The figures will be a mix of animated and realistic styling, with the heads looking more like their 3-D animation counterparts, while their bodies will look more realistic. The animated styling seemed more "overall" on the battledroid figure however, and not just the head. The figures may be akin to the Obi-Wan in Armor figure recently pictured in Previews, where the head had a noticeable difference in sculpting to it.

* AT-TE Part 2: The AT-TE's troop door mechanism will actually be 3 troop doors that open simultaneously. The walker holds 20 Clone Troopers as well, and will have not just sound, but lights also. Cost in the U.S. should be between $100 and $120. Again, our sources stressed it is "really big!" to us as well.

* Clone Wars Figures, Part 2: The Clone Wars Figures look to be proportioned and articulated to the standards of the basic line. Lots of super articulation, nice sculpts, just that the heads are in the "animated style" compared to the more realistic sculpts (as noted above). However, this could leave Hasbro the opportunity to simply put new, realistic heads onto these figures as a way of capitalizing on fans of both styles as well. Jedi seem to come with Clone Armor attachment accessories. People who dislike action features will also be pleased to hear that there are no features on these figures so far!

Just finished reading this over a JD. We'll see how this looks in a few days.

The site also reports:

Wave 4 Return of the Jedi: Figures look outstanding and the rumor lists are holding true. Figure quality seems to be holding up to 2007's standards, and Yarna looks very ornate and colorful, which should make her fans very happy!

I just can't believe it. I won't believe it until I see it in plastic. It's like another joke ready to come crashing down on us all. However, I would be so happy if it was true, more happy than any person should be about a toy.

For Yarna to be made and to be done well. Man on man on man. And to think we might see a picture of her THIS weekend!

The figures may be akin to the Obi-Wan in Armor figure recently pictured in Previews, where the head had a noticeable difference in sculpting to it.
    I don't get what they're trying to say . . . that Obi-Wan is entirely realistic. Eh, we'll see.

I'll have to see these before i say yes or no to them, i'm going to give Hasbro a chance and see if these figures are worth it, i hope they are because i'm sure a lot of cool characters are bound to come to us...i just don't want completely animated style figures...So i guess come Toy Fair...I will know for sure.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

$100 for the AT-TE will get me to buy a few more than I thought I would.

I'm happy that a playset is coming for the INDY line, which I'll likely skip except for a few, but this contradicts scores of Hasbro Q&As where they state playsets are evils that have been eradicated from the earth.