Clone Wars will get a theatrical release!

Its official - Clone Wars will get a theatrical release,
    August 15th! The series will be carried on Cartoon Network again same
    as last one. Full details here:
    http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...ouncement.html

Hmm, not sure how I feel about yet another theatrical release though. I know I'll be at the premiere though. I can't miss that.

Crap, I really didn't want to buy the animated figures and still don't and am hoping for these to be 100% realistic style, but I can see these being the CW cg style. I may end up getting that style after all...grr, and I HAD hoped to save money this year.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    ...grr, and I HAD hoped to save money this year.
    Saving money, avoiding toy lines...a jedi craves not these things. LOL! There go my supposed savings, as well. Midnight screening, here I come.

The same episodes will be on TV in three weeks time. I can wait for then. Pass.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    True enough, but it will give me one last (more) excuse to dress up in Jedi costume and not look as much like a nerd.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Yeah, this is kinda odd. I wonder, with waning interest, how many people will drop money to see this.

I won't be doing so. This looks like it might be worth watching for free, but not for money, especially when babysitters have to get involved. I'll save my movie trips for the movies I know I want to see.

Is it just me, or does Anakin's Previously-Never-Before-Revealed Padawan Ashoka have some big ol' monster lips? If she starts talking about her mammy and not knowing how to birth no babies, I'm going to complain before the NAACP even gets a chance to see it.

It also seems kind of a slap in the face of Lucas that he's been going on and on about how this is for adults and he wanted a major network, and it's on Cartoon Network. Note that it's not listed as being on Adult Swim. CN airs some great stuff that ain't just for kids, but it will never be able to serve more than a relatively small niche market.

It also makes me wonder if the live-action show will be on such an enormous venue as Superstation TBS.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Yeah, this is kinda odd. I wonder, with waning interest, how many people will drop money to see this.

I won't be doing so. This looks like it might be worth watching for free, but not for money, especially when babysitters have to get involved. I'll save my movie trips for the movies I know I want to see.

Is it just me, or does Anakin's Previously-Never-Before-Revealed Padawan Ashoka have some big ol' monster lips? If she starts talking about her mammy and not knowing how to birth no babies, I'm going to complain before the NAACP even gets a chance to see it.

It also seems kind of a slap in the face of Lucas that he's been going on and on about how this is for adults and he wanted a major network, and it's on Cartoon Network. Note that it's not listed as being on Adult Swim. CN airs some great stuff that ain't just for kids, but it will never be able to serve more than a relatively small niche market.

It also makes me wonder if the live-action show will be on such an enormous venue as Superstation TBS.

I get free tix for movies, so I'll be using them for this.

Ahsoka has DSL? Hmm, I guess you're right, I hadn't noticed before.

I never expected this to make a major network. It doesn't bother me that it's on CN. I don't have cable now, but I may get basic just to be able to watch this.

Of course that will only make it that much easier for my fiancee to watch all the other cartoons she wants to.

I have a bad feeling about this live action show though. I really never see it taking off and being put on the air.

if interest is already waning among collectors and a lot of us feel LFL/Hasbro are making the cartoon to be a cashcow for toys, then how is the live action going to survive? That's at least another 1 1/2 to 2 years out.

Sadly I think SW will not be around in the mainstream (shows or toys) after 2010. Oh there will still be some stuff, but it won't be the number one seller among boys toys anymore.

We'd need to have a full on movie to revive it and that isn't in the works. (Until the inevitable OT remakes...that would have starred Ewan McG had he not professed his hatred for the PT.)
    Move along, move along

when Star Wars is begining to die off we can expect to see them remake the OT and use the same cliche style they used in the PT...young holly-wood will be dressing up like jedi in 3-d just like Lucas wanted, and again we'll have star wars mania...i don't think a lot of collectors and fans understand star wars isn't just a cult following it's pop culture and has been for 30 years now, so i don't see the line dieing off but i do see a down time in it's near future. I think we'll go through the same down swing as GI Joe and Transformers had over the last few years...

But back on topic, I will go see this, and do so with a song in my heart, will i go to the midnight show... nah. But i will go while it's playing. Be a good way to get my Girl Friend into star wars.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!