Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Dear Evo Qui-Gon, we cheaped your lightsaber, luv Hasbro

http://www.yakface.com/toyguide/dior...021308ev13.jpg

WTF?!? Why would they go to the trouble of finally doing a super-articulated Qui-Gon and then use that inadequate lightsaber accessory? No removable blade, no extra hilt, no reason they should have been this stingy with an Evolutions figure. I don't want the other 2 figs in this set, so now there's no way in hell I'm dropping $21.64 on a Qui-Gon figure that doesn't even get a new saber. Cheap ****s!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This is almost enough to make me forget that they're finally making Yarna after all these centuries of our begging.

A new Qui-Gon wasn't much lower on my list of "must-have" figures, and for them to drop the ball bugs me. The figure itself looks nice, though, even if I can't tell with 100% certainty if that's a reused head or not.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't really care much, as I would have him posed with his lightsaber anyway, but I do find it strange that they used the old lightsaber.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

yes , this set is on my pass list..... for now.
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

Not mine. I want the Qui-Gon and the Bultar both pretty badly. I passed on the carpy comic pack to get a "real" Bultar Swan. And, though I'm not especially happy about the lightsaber, I want a new Qui-Gon so bad I'd eat dog poop and post video to YouTube if Hasbro said it would only give this figure to people who do so.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Why would they go to the trouble of finally doing a super-articulated Qui-Gon and then use that inadequate lightsaber accessory? No removable blade, no extra hilt, no reason they should have been this stingy with an Evolutions figure.
    Look what they did with VTSC Bespin Luke. His sabre completely bites next to SAGA Bespin Luke. That one had a metal hilt with detachable blade, the best version of a lightsabre included with any figure I ever bought. Fortunately, with Luke I was just able to make a trade between figures. Poor old Qui-gon doesn't have enough versions out there to do the same.

They really need to go back to SAGA Bespin Luke for Saber inspiration, or as a guide to what makes for flat out awesome accesories in general in the age of the $8 figure. That said, EVO Qui-Gon will be on a single card someday, so getting a whole EVO pack with figs you don't want doesn't make a lot of sense to me anyhow. Perhaps Hasbro will pack him with a better saber at that time.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    http://www.yakface.com/toyguide/dior...021308ev13.jpg

WTF?!? Why would they go to the trouble of finally doing a super-articulated Qui-Gon and then use that inadequate lightsaber accessory? No removable blade, no extra hilt, no reason they should have been this stingy with an Evolutions figure. I don't want the other 2 figs in this set, so now there's no way in hell I'm dropping $21.64 on a Qui-Gon figure that doesn't even get a new saber. Cheap ****s!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    This is almost enough to make me forget that they're finally making Yarna after all these centuries of our begging.

A new Qui-Gon wasn't much lower on my list of "must-have" figures, and for them to drop the ball bugs me. The figure itself looks nice, though, even if I can't tell with 100% certainty if that's a reused head or not.
    You guys are surprised? Look at all the other things they've cheaped out on.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

If it really bothers you all that much, just use the lightsaber from the 2002 Saga Qui-Gon figure. They should have used that one here, but, well, you've got options once you've opened it.

It's just a lightsaber...Why the fuss? If you don't like the one that comes with him use one of the other thousand i'm sure you guys have. Sheesh. I can't wait to get this figure and Bultar and Luke just make this pack double the fun!

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

and the face and the hair and the...

I was looking forward to this figure actually, now I am not.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!