Hybrid View

Stage productions (a.k.a. plays)

Since this section says, "Other If it's not a Star Wars movie, it goes here! " then I suppose "legitimate theatre" deserves a mention. I just saw Spamalot in Las Vegas this weekend, the one with John "J Peterman" O'Hurley as King Arthur. I've also acted in a couple local performances the last two years. Made me think about starting a thread on the subject.

Anyone else out there among the "author! author! " or "break a leg" crowd? Seen any good (or awful) plays, professional or amateur level? Share!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Miss Saigon
    Les Miserables
    Cyrano de Bergerac
    A Raisin in the Sun
    A Christmas Carol
    Lady Sings the Blues
    and more Shakespeare productions than I can count

Plus more I know I'm forgetting.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

When my sister turned 15, she wanted to see Phantom of the Opera, so my dad and grandparents took us to that. I got all pimped out in my finest duds at the time and caught a few eyes. My sister and I were totally bored out of our skulls though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe I'm just seeing the wrong plays, but I have no love for theater. My sister played cello for one that I had to see several times a few years ago (Sunday in the Park with George, just not good). School productions are of course always just mind-numbingly bad.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I've seen

Les Miserables
    Stomp (remember that one?)
    Aida
    The Lion King

All on Broadway, and all on school trips (except "The Lion King"). I didn't care much for "Aida", but I liked the other ones. I really want to see "Spamalot" on Broadway, but I have no desire to right now since Clay Aiken is in it for a few months.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I've seen the Pirates of Penzance on the stage as a kid, I forgot about that. It was slightly interesting but I grew bored fairly quickly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.