Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Saw an interesting performance called "Vox Lumiere's The Hunchback of Notre Dame." They have big screens behind showing parts of the silent version of HBoND with Lon Cheney, while there are dancers and singers performing on the stage, accompanied by live rock music played. Lots to look at (reading words in between silent scenes, watching those scenes, following which character the dancers were playing, noticing the musicians, etc.). Pretty cool.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I've seen a few play performances, some in person and some on TV.

• Hamlet (Cincinnati Aranoff Center) - Shakespeare's classic.
    • The Gods Must Be Crazy (Ohio University) - This one I'm not 100% certain that I'm remembering the name correctly. If it isn't correct its something very similar. This play wasn't based on the movie series of the same name. This play was basically a "musical/dancing" remake or retelling of Sophocles' tragedy "Oedipus the King" by an African playwright and is set within an African Tribe. There was a lot of audience participation in this one (the actors would pull people from random sections to dance during various songs for the fall harverst, etc.
    • A View From the Bridge (Ohio University) - By Arthur Miller.
    • Cyrano de Bergerac (PBS Broadcast) - By Edmond Rostand. This one was just on in the last week or so.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I was just cast as Thomas Putnam in our community theater's upcoming production of The Crucible. Rehearsals begin this Monday, with the final performance on... Halloween night!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I was just cast as Thomas Putnam in our community theater's upcoming production of The Crucible. Rehearsals begin this Monday, with the final performance on... Halloween night!
    Say "hello" to Rebecca Towne Nurse for me, please! I'm a direct descendant.

No kidding!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Weirdest thing is, the man who was cast as Francis Nurse in our play is actually named Tom Putnam!?!

anyone who ever enjoy JC Superstar should check out this pardoy- it's a bit irreverent but totally excellent and made so as not to offend anyone
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nu-KK6FfjA
    Iso&Baws&Topes
    Oyes funny stuff with a heart
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

At last night's rehearsal, I believe I laughed the hardest I ever have about things in a dictionary.

Mabs, I finally watched AD/BC a few days ago, great stuff!

I saw a production of A Raisin in the Sun last night, and it was quite good. My friend and I exchanged perhaps too many "that's what she said" jokes during it, and she didn't like the play, but too damn bad.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

While not really a "play," I saw a performance of a travelling Second City improv group last week. Very funny, but also quite crass much of the time. : prude:

We have our final dress rehearsal tonight, then open the first of our 5 shows this and next weekends. I hope to have some pics of me in costume soon. :breakaleg: Favorite line that I deliver? "Aye!" or "There be children dyin' in the village, sir."

The first two shows have been great, from the POV of the audience (according to ovations and their after-show comments) and the cast. Here are two pics of me in costume; the first is my original outfit, before they de-tri-cornered and de-heavy-coated me. But, people who've seen the show have said I looked mean and demanding, which was the characterization I was trying for in Thomas Putnam, so huzzah for me! Three more shows this weekend, then it's strike the set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Putnam1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	21770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Putnam2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	21771