Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Very nice, very nice. Kudos to the costume department.

It's hard to picture you as the mean SOB who offed my ancestor, however!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Several who've seen the play have mentioned that very point, TI. So I guess I've done well, then. What did Jon Lovitz say? "ACTING!"

We start our last three shows tonight.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

You look so much like the actor who played Thomas Putnam in my production of the Crucible, it's almost scary! Is there a particular "Putnam look" every director goes after?

Ever since I had seen Tim Burton's Sweeny Todd, I have wanted to see an actual stage production. There is one coming to Ames but I have to work.

I was going to go see King Lear with Ian McKellan when it came to Minneapolis a few years ago, but that didnt happen. But I got the DVD of the production. Here's a trailer.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/episod...roduction/475/

EDIT: Hah hah looks like you can watch the entire play right on the website. I didnt buy the DVD, it was given to me.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Went to see our local theater's A Christmas Carol last night, in its second run of an every-other-year tradition. Saw several actors and directors I've worked with. It was fun.

SPOILER ALERT

Scrooge changes his mean ways at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post

SPOILER ALERT

Scrooge changes his mean ways at the end.
    Thanks for that, Bel-Cam. Now there are at least 10 Christmas movies I don't have to watch.

My college is putting on an adaptation of A Handmaid's Tale and I'm going to be a soldier with just a few lines. It's my first play, so hopefully I don't screw it up too much.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Ah, how many times have I said that very phrase (minus the "first play" part) myself...

Congrats on making the cast, JJL. Break a leg!

Thanks! Tonight is opening night. I've since switched from a soldier to an Eye, which is a higher-ranking sort of officer, and I also play a shopkeeper and a reporter (all of these may or may not be the same character . . . I think they are). The director has been changing many aspects of the play both big and small so I hope we can pull it together and make it work.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I got "noticed" yesterday! A student said to me upon entering the school's library, "I saw you in that play, The Crucible. Who were you again?" It took me a moment to remember Ol' T.P.'s name, but I said he was "the one the audience was supposed to hate and boo." But alas, no autograph request.

Oh, and I saw our local production of Rent last night. Powerfully good acting, even if few are local actors (this is a different category of "local theater," as it brings in talent from all over due to the popularity of the script; last year, it was Sweeney Todd). Great show.