Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I didn't know this thread was here.

I saw:

Spider-Man on Broadway about 2 months ago when I went to New York. It was great.

Lion King - several times. My favorite live play of all time. You can see it in Vegas and NY, but I also caught it in San Diego.

Rounding Third - a play about baseball. I loved it. Very funny, too.

Deathtrap - a play my friend Charles acted in. Very good.

I'm not sure, but I think I've seen other productions as well. But I love live theater.

I want to see Cats but I never have.

I think Batman would make a great live theater show.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I saw my first version of A Chorus Line last night, and it was excellent. A couple weeks back, a high school production of Bullshot Crummond, a very funny farce/parody of 1930s detective mysteries; well done, especially for HS.
    "That's what Sheev said."

So I see Rock of Ages at the end of the month when I get back from baseball in Arizona.

The movie is also coming out with Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta Jones, Alec Baldwin, and Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad).

But I will see it live.

I think I have a date.

Problem is:

I invited one lady who is a friend over a year ago when we tried to go, but I'd read the date wrong by 365 days!

She and I are barely in touch now. I invited her as a friend but she is about 6-7 years older than me and I'm not interested and she is less social as she must have been interested, but realized I like girls who are nearly 20 years younger than me now.

I have 2 girls about 20 years younger than me (it's about 17 year difference in age and they're legal age and all - 21 years plus) and one may think she's going with me already, but I want to see if I get the opportunity to ask the other one who's even hotter and I haven't been with yet.

I'm going to try for "girl no. 3" I guess. But it's kind of making this a more difficult situation than I'd like - namely because for a romantic comedy theater play (and I have front orchestra seats - so I did pay a lot for these tickets) I want it to be the best night possible.That means taking the girl I'm most into.

Problem with girl No. 3 is that there are girls numbers 4 and 5 who are her friends, and they could possibly like me - well they act like it, hugging me and texting me, etc.

With this kind of thing (the play and a fancy evening) I will most definitely go from 5 ladies (4 of possible interest to me) down to 1 VERY fast.

Remember when it was just about enjoying theater? But Spider-Man and Lion King were not romantic plays and Rock of Ages kind of is (like bringing a date to a make-out movie - and it actually WILL be in the movie theaters THIS YEAR too.

What to do??? What to do???

Oh, crap! There's actually a 6th girl who's pretty hot, too. I totally forgot I asked her. But she's a player and wants to share a cake with me to seal the deal. I need to try that (black forest chocolate) and see what happens. I forgot as she just had said that before I went out of town last weekend.

Right now, I just hope I don't wind up going alone because I misread the whole situation.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Last weekend, I was at the Redlands Shakespeare Festival and saw... Avenue Q. Kidding, kidding. It was Much Ado About Nothing; don't get so worked up about trivial things, people. A couple people I know were either in the Pre-Show Players warm-up or actors in the play itself. Quite funny. I guess I've gotten used to dramas and tragedies from the Bard.

Rock of Ages the movie will be out June 15.

I saw the live theater production of it, of course. And it is awesome!

You can't compare the experience of live, interactive theater, with a movie.

However, I will definitely go and see the movie, too.

The play handled the treatment of the story so well!

I am double-cast as the Bailiff and Boo Radley in TKAM. Rehearsals started last week, first shows in early November.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I am double-cast as the Bailiff and Boo Radley in TKAM. Rehearsals started last week, first shows in early November.
    Cool! Community theater has a good following in my town. Hopefully in your town as well.

I want to be the understudy for the chifferobe!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

That's awesome Bel-Cam Jos.

Acting is fun, huh? Well, I like getting to play a character that I wrote or that I specifically auditioned for.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Cool! Community theater has a good following in my town. Hopefully in your town as well.

I want to be the understudy for the chifferobe!
    But then Tom would chop YOU up! :Moebiuscircle:

And now I'm the Clerk, not the Bailiff, and Boo. CA budget cuts have hit Maycomb, I reckon.

Each time we run the scenes with Boo Radley, in my head I keep hearing the Sideshow Bob line from the Simpsons episode where he and Sideshow Cecil try to blow up the dam: "But I saved, the chidlren's lives!" Have to be off-book starting next week.