Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I think it's time BCJ temporarily changes his profile pix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boo-radley.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	26687  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Opening weekend was awesome! Almost a complete sell-out on opening night (including the oft-closed balcony seating), great audience reactions. Three more shows this coming weekend. Here are some pics:

Name:	11-11-12d.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	26783   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-11-12.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	26784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-10-12c.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	26785  
    "That's what Sheev said."

I like the stage sets in your first picture.

I use similar sets in my old west gunfighter show.

We set up outdoors and put up stadium seats for our outdoor audience under sun-shade easy-ups because we're discharging real firearms and the black powder guns and stage explosion effects create a lot of smoke and a little fire hazzard.

But we write scripts and learn parts, get into appropriate costumes, rehearse and perform just like any theater group.

I'm trying to write a new production now, but it is taking me forever.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

We closed our 5-show run yesterday with an afternoon matinee; the theater was completely sold out! Great audiences, the tech crew's lighting and sound cues were awesome, and a fabulous committed cast! I got a "mockingbird" pin (the last one awarded, in fact) on the penultimate show (you wear it under your costume, it comes from another cast member who wants to recognize some other actor who's done well or is inspirational). Finally had a good overall knife fight scene, too (time to rest my slightly bruised left shoulder), and no more bumped fingers from set moves. A fun time was had by all.

Name:	11-17-12j+.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	26835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-17-12L.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	26836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-18-12d.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	26837  

Tycho likes Bel-Cam Jos' post.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't know if I'll have pics, but tomorrow night is the kickoff event for the roughly-month-long Big Read with the local library, for the classic novel The Great Gatsby. I was asked to be none other than the title character, in a short dramatic reading summarizing the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I don't know if I'll have pics, but tomorrow night is the kickoff event for the roughly-month-long Big Read with the local library, for the classic novel The Great Gatsby. I was asked to be none other than the title character, in a short dramatic reading summarizing the story.
    Great news, sir!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

It was the bee's knees, on the level! To paraphrase Maxwell Smart, that was the second-biggest scissors I ever saw! And at least no one important was run over by a car.

Name:	1-25-13a4+.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	27082   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-25-13n4.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	27083  

At the A Noise Within Theatre in Pasadena, I saw The Grapes of Wrath, a semi-musical version of Steinbeck's novel. For those who've read the book, the in-between intercalary chapters give more of an overview of the migrants' plight, not so much the Joads characters. The performers played and sang much of the wording of those chapters while set changes were going on; they opened the play before the start with songs of the time, too. Loved the sets, actors were excellent, theatre was great with not a bad seat in the house.

Name:	GW 4-22-13b.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	27353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GW 4-22-13h.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	27354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GW 4-22-13.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	27355