Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

For those of you who do plan on getting this subline-what will you get?

Okay, so this thread is for those of us who DO plan on buying stuff from this subline.

What do you plan on getting?
    Refer to the checklist thread for an up to date list of TFU products:
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=37061

Here's what I plan on getting:
    X5 Imperial EVO Trooper
    X5 Imperial Jump Trooper
    X2-3 Maris Brood (extras for customs)
    X1: Darth Vader (Battle Damage)
    X2 General Rahm Kota (extra for a custom)
    X2: Shadow Guard
    X3-5 Juno Eclipse (extras for customs)
    X2 Stormtrooper Commander.

X1 Evolutions set-The Apprentice-set includes: Sith Lord Apprentice, Dark Jedi Apprentice, Redeemed Apprentice

X1 Darth Vader & Incinerator Stormtroopers 3pack - Wal-Mart exclusive.
    X2 Emperor Palpatine & Shadow Stormtroopers 3pack - Wal-Mart exclusive. I won't need the extra Emperor though

X1 Rancor w/rider - Target exclusive

X1Apprentice Ship Rogue Shadow

Unleashed Battle packs-not sure if I'm going to get these or not, but if I do I'll get:
    X1 The Force Unleashed: Jedi Knights
    X1 The Force Unleashed: Sith Lords
    X2 The Force Unleashed: Troopers

I already have some of the minis, though I'm not sure if I'll actively seek them all out.

Okay, so what are YOU getting?

Again, please, this is for those who DO plan on buying from this subline. If you don't plan on getting anything from the line or want to bash it, please post in the following thread instead:
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=37083

Thanks,
    -Sal
    Move along, move along

Depending on how the finished product looks in person, there's a decent chance I'll get the Stormtroopers and Shadow Guard. Possibly the three packs, if they look good, though I have no need for the extra Vader and Emperor.

I may get Master Bu'ts Echs (or whatever his name turned out to be; that's just the name Slick gave him months ago) if he looks good, just as an extra Jedi, and because samurai kick arse.

Had this line actually come out around the time of the game, I might have some knowledge of the other characters and possibly even desire to get them. I'll bet Hasbro is peeved at LucasArts over this, because I can't be the only person who feels this way.

If they're smart, they'll ship more later, assuming these sell (which I'm not sure they will without the game).

I'm assuming, since I've not heard any news lately, that the novelization with the "canon" version of the story has been delayed until summer as well.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yes, I have no doubt the delay of the game will hurt initial sales. I do hope Hasbro holds back on some shipments, so as to make these in the temporary rare supply. Then when the game is finalized they can ship them out as planned.

I'm getting most of these regardless because I like the look of them and they can easily fit into the rest of the line. The extras I'm getting are for customs. I imagine though that they'll eventually get around to make Ysanne Isard and Admiral Daala with that Juno Eclipse body. I'm just impatient when it comes to them, so I want to do them now.

I "almost" wish I was back into army building big as I'm liking the troopers more and more, but I'll stick with 5 of each kind (for now).
    Move along, move along

I'll likely get one of everything from the 3 3/4" line (along with ships, multipacks, etc.) and nothing else. I really can't see myself army-building these. The only way I'll play this game is on PS2 since I think I'm done buying new systems forever, so I don't know how high my enthusiasm for this will be.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Definitely:

9x EVO trooper (8 with one for custom fodder)
    9x Jump trooper (8 with one for custom fodder)
    1x Maris Brood
    1x Rahm Kota
    2x Shadow Guard
    1x Juno Eclipse
    1x Stormtrooper Commander

1x Evolutions set

4x Darth Vader & Incinerator Stormtrooper packs (assuming two troopers for eight total)
    4x Emperor & Shadow Stormtrooper packs(assuming two troopers for eight total)

Maybe:

Rancor (never got any previous version--just not a beast guy)

Rogue Shadow if it looks cool enough.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    Okay, so this thread is for those of us who DO plan on buying stuff from this subline.

What do you plan on getting?
    Refer to the checklist thread for an up to date list of TFU products:
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=37061

Here's what I plan on getting:
    X5 Imperial EVO Trooper
    X5 Imperial Jump Trooper
    X2-3 Maris Brood (extras for customs)
    X2 General Rahm Kota (extra for a custom)
    X3-5 Juno Eclipse (extras for customs)

X1 Evolutions set-The Apprentice-set includes: Sith Lord Apprentice, Dark Jedi Apprentice, Redeemed Apprentice

X1 Darth Vader & Incinerator Stormtroopers 3pack - Wal-Mart exclusive.
    X2 Emperor Palpatine & Shadow Stormtroopers 3pack - Wal-Mart exclusive. I won't need the extra Emperor though

X1Apprentice Ship Rogue Shadow

Unleashed Battle packs-not sure if I'm going to get these or not, but if I do I'll get:
    X1 The Force Unleashed: Jedi Knights
    X1 The Force Unleashed: Sith Lords
    X2 The Force Unleashed: Troopers

I already have some of the minis, though I'm not sure if I'll actively seek them all out.

Okay, so what are YOU getting?

Again, please, this is for those who DO plan on buying from this subline. If you don't plan on getting anything from the line or want to bash it, please post in the following thread instead:
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=37083

Thanks,
    -Sal
    X3Imperial EVO Trooper
    X2 Imperial Jump Trooper
    X1 Maris Brood (Maybe a custom out of this..have not decided yet)
    X1 General Rahm Kota
    X1 Juno Eclipse (Maybe an extra for a carded wall decoration or custom)

The EVO Trooper is my only guess at this point. I wouldn't mind getting 12 of them, but i'm just not sure at this point i know i'll get at least three though.

X1 Evolutions set-The Apprentice-set includes: Sith Lord Apprentice, Dark Jedi Apprentice, Redeemed Apprentice *This is out NOW by the way*

X1 Darth Vader & Incinerator Stormtroopers 3pack
    X1 Emperor Palpatine & Shadow Stormtroopers 3pack

The Rogue Shadow while may be cool i will be passing on this...no room for now. But if it looks cool or has a cool pack in (Some incentive from Hasbro) i will get this thing...
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 02-14-2008 at 10:42 PM.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

X5 Imperial EVO Trooper
    X5 Imperial Jump Trooper
    ?? Maris Brood (extras for customs)
    ??: Darth Vader (Battle Damage)
    ?? General Rahm Kota (extra for a custom)
    ??-5 Juno Eclipse (extras for customs)

Probably a few 3 packs also.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'll be buying all of it. Two of each carded figure, two of the boxed sets. I already have two of the Evo sets and two set of Unleashed. I only have one of the Lightsabers and I'll only get one of anything big like ships.

Well I can cross the TFU Unleashed packs off my list. My fiancee got these for me today for Valentine's day. One of each. After seeing the troopers set, I'm fine with just the one set.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Had this line actually come out around the time of the game, I might have some knowledge of the other characters and possibly even desire to get them. I'll bet Hasbro is peeved at LucasArts over this, because I can't be the only person who feels this way.
    You know it's funny, because more often than not we tend to get things like this ages after the game (or whatever) has come out. As excited as I am about the game, I'm not really as excited about the toys... yet. I mean, I'm a total cheerleader for the whole Force Unleashed thing, but it does hurt a bit having the game released so far from when the supporting merchandise starts hitting the shelves.

With that said, I'll probably buy the basic figures anyway (if they look good), and I'm more than likely going to get the Rancor thing. The rest I'll need to see. To a certain degree, I think maybe the toys, etc. will work to generate a healthy pre-game buzz and get people more excited. I'm sure Hasbro is betting that collectors will buy them just because they're Star Wars, so I doubt that they actually care much about the game being delayed. The next few days of Toy Fair photos may make a big difference.

I'm not interested in that vehicle though. It's just not something I like for some reason, and I'll probably pass on it unless the Toy Fair photos change my mind.

edit: Hah! And then while I was writing this post, Steve put hi-res photos of the basic figures on the home page. (They all look good. I'm sure I'll get them all.)