Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    OK - saw pics.

They suck. Easy pass. The only 2 I *may* consider getting are the Battle Droid and R2-D2. (And the previously mentioned wave 3 figs)
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    OK - saw pics.

They suck. Easy pass. The only 2 I *may* consider getting are the Battle Droid and R2-D2. (And the previously mentioned wave 3 figs)
    The battle droid doesn't look bad, he's actually acceptable, the R2 is decent and could fit into collections rather easy...and then there's Grievious i want to see him in person before i pass on this one, but the rest of them are rather....well they suck.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

The price hike in '99 was a $2 jump in response to the new movie's assumed popularity and the gigantic chunk of change they paid Lucas for the new license. '99 is the year that nearly put Hasbro into bankruptcy with poor sales. Eventually, they reduced the MSRP to $4.99 in response to that, and sales picked up again. With ROTS, the MSRP went to $5.99, but a price-war dropped prices at the big retailers lower. Then with the TSC line came the new $6.99 MSRP and that's where we've been since.

$7.99 is outrageous for a small figure with only a few little accessories, they have some nerve.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Prices for lots of things are going up. A lot of it has to do with the price of oil. That increases the cost to ship things. If there are petroleum products used in the making of the figure as well, that would add to it.

The head of the company I work for was talking about how the next couple years could be difficult with the way the economy is going. He was talking about how there have been some big price increases, and a lot of it was due to rising fuel costs. Some of it was due to the cost of some raw materials. He said the company would try to absorb as much of those costs as possible, but in the end, some of it is going to be passed on to the consumer.

I think $7.99 for an action figure is a better investment than what people pay for their Starbucks or whatever they pay for a pack of smokes these days. Since I buy neither of those, I can afford to put that money towards figures.

Animated! Dang... Well now I'm in a quandry. I've said I won't buy these, but I just realized that the Clone Wars figures won't be done and over in 2008. If LFL has their way the show will go for at least 100 episodes. So that means this line could last for YEARS! So I'm goig to have to make a serious decision about these. Do I or don't I. If I get them, I know I'll most likely be POed if Hasbro turns around and makes realistic version. If I don't get them, then I'll be paranoid thinking Hasbro may NOT make them in realistic fashion. Strange I know.

As I mentioned all of this another thread alreayd, I do dig the clone and the battle droid is actually much better than expected. However, I also know that if I got them, I would feel compelled to get ALL of the characters from this line.

with this line going beyond 2008 for Clone Wars, I think many of us are going to have to take a serious bit of time to decide if we get these or not.

One factor that hasbro should have thought about is that if we collectors don't subscribe to these figures, the decision COULD very well KILL the line.

I REALLY wish Hasbro would have consulted with the major collecting sites before making this decision. I think it's going to bite them in the arse big time, which means it will bite us too.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Well Sal, alot of us here have said we are waiting for the right moment to quit. It seems with the animated figs and price increase it might lead to it. I wonder how much IJ figs are going to be, they are the same size and they also have to pay a fee to Lucas for the license. With a long break and IJ figs coming out, it could break alot of us here of this habit. Hasbro should have thought about this.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Well Sal, alot of us here have said we are waiting for the right moment to quit. It seems with the animated figs and price increase it might lead to it. I wonder how much IJ figs are going to be, they are the same size and they also have to pay a fee to Lucas for the license. With a long break and IJ figs coming out, it could break alot of us here of this habit. Hasbro should have thought about this.
    "They tried to make me go to rehab, but i said no no no!"

I kind of like these figures! I could do without the blast effect features though. I'll definitely army build a few of the clones and battle droids. And yes, I loved the previous animated Clone Wars line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Well having already decided not to buy IJ figs, and cutting my SW budget in half was giving me back some of my funds. Not buying the animated figs could save me a good chuck of change over the years. (because we all know this sub-line isn't going to stop after 2008)

I won't be quitting, but it looks like there will be a serious downward trend. Not just me either, MANY other collectors.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post

I won't be quitting, but it looks like there will be a serious downward trend. Not just me either, MANY other collectors.
    I'll make up for you guys by army building the animated clones