Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    Well having already decided not to buy IJ figs, and cutting my SW budget in half was giving me back some of my funds. Not buying the animated figs could save me a good chuck of change over the years. (because we all know this sub-line isn't going to stop after 2008)

I won't be quitting, but it looks like there will be a serious downward trend. Not just me either, MANY other collectors.
    I'm with you and KH on this, but I am not quiting entirely. I will still get cool new OT figs (new sculpts only, no more repacks or repaints) and an occasional comic pack but that's about it. So for me, looks like this year will save me LOTS of money...or I could just spend it at GG
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I am going to get the movie figs, but the CW line. It gives more money towards the other sublines like the comic packs and titaniums and GH sets.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm with you guys. While I'm seeing alot that I want this year, I'm also seeing alot that I don't so I'm gonna have some money to focus elswhere. That's a good thing since I started collecting the BSG figures and there's a line coming in May for Smallville. Still with all the vehicles, comic, and evo packs it's going to be a fairly expensive year.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I'm not quitting, but I'm being a lot more selective. Today I found and picked up Jedi Evolutions and Pax Boknik. I saw and passed on all three of the new comics packs. (Mouse looks so like butt it defies any logic. And his Hare Krishna buddy looks worse.) I'll pass on all the Clonetrooper rehashes, Clone Wars figures, and vehicles. I want a few more of the Evo sets, and some of the upcoming comics sets that involve characters who aren't stupid or Mandaloreans, as well as the ROTJ wave.

Sounds like a lot, but that's all I'm aware of so far that I want.

Considering I've cut out all Marvel figures, am not collecting the Indy figures (until they make me a damned Short Round figure, damn them to damned hell, dammit!!), and am being a lot more selective on the DC figures (I snatched up Penguin, but had the willpower to realize that Metamorpho wasn't worth the $40 extra and passed on the other figures, though Etrigan was tempting), this is going to be a rather inexpensive year for me. The new Joes are all that are really sucking me in, and I've been able to pass on a few of those already (especially that butthead Serpentor).

I've forgotten what that's like. Able to spend my money on "normal people" things. It's a new experience.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post
    That's a good thing since I started collecting the BSG figures and there's a line coming in May for Smallville. Still with all the vehicles, comic, and evo packs it's going to be a fairly expensive year.
    You know there was already a smallville line right? Those figs were garbage...I know, I have them!!

Its kind of funny to hear some of you say things like "star wars budget"...funny because I used to have one too, then I changed my ways, so to speak. I guess you could say my "budget" for sw nowadays is very, very low...so far this year the only figs I have bought are Jango w/poncho, spirit anakin and holo vader. Three figures since the beginning of 2008..not bad for me, but that means I spend more on stuff like TMNT.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've forgotten what that's like. Able to spend my money on "normal people" things. It's a new experience.
    I hear ya. With cutting my SW budget in half, I'll have some money to do other things. I have diverted a couple hundred of that money to Halo toys, but other than that, I should have approx an extra $2K this year. That is going to be refreshing.

I'm hopeful that I can stick to my long term goal of continual reduction of my SW budget. Next year calls for it to be cut in half again. That may be harder than first though as this year it's going to be a close call on the $3K I've budgeted for SW.

However, I can't think of that much more that Hasbor could make to make me go wowzers over and spend a lot on. So the planed for $1500 budget for 2009 might stick. That would give me that much more money back in my pocket. Then in 2010, I plan on sticking to a "no more than" $600 per year on SW stuff. So by then I'll be putting in approx $5400 back into my wallet, compared to my 2007 budget. That's quite a nice amount and will go a long way towards buying a new home (my next BIG goal).
    Move along, move along

With the money I saved on SW toys this year, I bought some Doctor Who toys. Its good to have some extra cash
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm hopeful that I can stick to my long term goal of continual reduction of my SW budget. Next year calls for it to be cut in half again. That may be harder than first though as this year it's going to be a close call on the $3K I've budgeted for SW.

However, I can't think of that much more that Hasbor could make to make me go wowzers over and spend a lot on. So the planed for $1500 budget for 2009 might stick. That would give me that much more money back in my pocket. Then in 2010, I plan on sticking to a "no more than" $600 per year on SW stuff. So by then I'll be putting in approx $5400 back into my wallet, compared to my 2007 budget. That's quite a nice amount and will go a long way towards buying a new home (my next BIG goal).
    You sound like a wall street tycoon!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    You sound like a wall street tycoon!!
    I don't know if I should feel honored or insulted, heh heh.

Seriously though, I've been planning for this draw down in my budget for a couple of years now.

Now that the time is here, I'm sticking to the plan as much as possible. Hasbro is making it much easier though by some of the stuff they have planned. As well Gentle Giant seems to really be slowing down on mini busts, so I'll save a bunch there to. Thank goodness, because last years Clone Commander$ debacle put off a lot of people.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    We pay 9.99 a fig - plus 15% tax in Canada...And our dollar is at par now.
    That was my thought:

Adjusted for the United States' continually more worthless currency, this isn't a price increase at all, just a reflection of our lousy dollar! Funny how we don't notice until inflation starts to hit home- Star Wars.

Can I be like Giselle and get paid in euros?

If I get them, I know I'll most likely be POed if Hasbro turns around and makes realistic version. If I don't get them, then I'll be paranoid thinking Hasbro may NOT make them in realistic fashion. Strange I know.
    They already stated in the Toy Fair Q&A that they are likely going to get a realistic release eventually. And if you miss out at retail and Hasbro punts, almost everything is cheaper on ebay eventually anyway!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car