Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Sideshow SW Card and Poker Chip set

I checked out the news item here about the playing cards and chips. I'll post the link to the news below:

[wait for it]

[wait for it]

[insert here: Go to this place]

If they're not too expensive, I might get two, one to open and one with which to play. It's been a while since I've made that statement. Wasn't there a company that was trying to make a sabaacc set? Did they (and who is this mysterious "they" anyway?) ever create one?
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 02-16-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: 'Cause I done sayed I'd do it, ya know? An' I done it.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Arrow

Hey Lord M. and/or Insane JG! Can you move this thread with a redirect to the Cards section? I realized it's more appropriate to that space (and it can use the traffic, too). You may delete this here post o' mine if you wish (unless you think I'm so pathetic that I need one more post to add to my total ) after movin' it over thar.

Thanks!
    -> B-CJ

I ordered one of these (they are $24.99 plus tax AND shipping), but the holder and set itself look cool. Hope SSG gets a little bit for the link.

And you can still move this thread to Cards if ye wanna, mods!

Uhh, they're $149 plus shipping, not $24.

The idea looked cool, I love how the chips look lit up, but the faces don't work for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You've pointed out a continuity error, JT, so I therefore owe a BSLOS as debt:

"Sitting with the
    Sitting with the
    Sitting with the
    Sitting with the
    Sitting with the
    Sitting with the
    Sitting with the thinker,
    Trying to work it out."

I forgot I posted this under the cards AND chips set. I just bought the cards. At a higher price than I expected (what, no $7.99 card set? are people not going to PLAY with these? oh, right... it's a "collectible," sorry ), I shan't purchase two, so no games of 104 Pick-Up for me.

Well, my UPS delivery date's been changed three times now (from 3/20, to 3/21, to 3/24 ), but as soon as I get this, I'll post some pics and comments.

It finally got here. It's pretty cool (don't know if it's $25 worth of cool, though), and the outer holder makes me think that this could be the first of a set of six (film name "A New Hope" is on the spine, and the only images on the cards are from EIV). I may pass on the other sets. See blurry pics below.

On a cheaper note, in W*M today, I saw a two deck set of SW cards (called Heroes and Villains) for less than five bucks. That was what I was lookin' for, but I s'pose now I have three decks. Eh, what're ya gonna do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWCardDecka.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	16983   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWCardDeckb.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	16984  

Hmm, looks like your camera is really interested in focusing on those flowers in the second shot. (Probably too close, try Macro mode.)

Those don't look like playing cards to me, they look like trading cards with suits on the sides. The presentation box is pretty nice and the cards look good though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The poker chips do look pretty sweet with the LED's making them glow.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hmm, looks like your camera is really interested in focusing on those flowers in the second shot. (Probably too close, try Macro mode.)

Those don't look like playing cards to me, they look like trading cards with suits on the sides. The presentation box is pretty nice and the cards look good though.
    I thought about zooming in first but just didn't. Not a fan of flower arrangements, eh?

And since I don't plan on playing with these cards, good that the set seems more collectible than playing. There's even short descriptions of the artwork/photos.