Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Diamond Select Talking Clothed Star Wars Figures

I just saw this at Rebelscum.

I am not buying into another sub-line even if it's another toy company.

Their first picture is of Sir Alec Guiness as Obi-Wan Kenobi. He looks nice, and comes with his lightsaber and training remote.

But doesn't this have to be for newbies?

Haven't us Old School guys finally run out of space? Breathed enough dust? (or bought enough Ikea display cabinets?)

I don't care if since 1995 you've completed your education, gotten a great paying job, or won millions in a lottery. There's only so much ROOM for this stuff. It's time to stop!

The resistence starts now!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Do you have pictures or a link to the pictures?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Just check Rebelscum.com's front page. They only have a picture of Guiness' Kenobi.

I'm sure Steve will have a set of pictures of the complete line in just a little while. It's noon right now in New York. My guess is the toy companies will let them in after lunch so no one has the pictures yet.

Plus Steve is going to Hasbro first (that I know of) and these figures are Diamond Select's.

Diamond makes Star Trek figures and is doing the "retro collection" in the old Mego style, which it would seem these SW figures will take after (cloth clothes).

Star Trek did NOT have electronics in their figures however or there'd have been a Kirk figure that said, "Hey baby, what's your phone number?" already.

Diamond also does the all-plastic Star Trek line which I collect. Some are really good sculpts by Art Asylum (Deep Space Nine Odo) others have room for improvement (Nemesis Worf).

However:

1) I am slowly quitting toy collecting
    2) I will keep, display, and enjoy what I already have - so no sale!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It's on the front page of Rebelscum:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...im/0012892.jpg

A company gets a new Star Wars license in 2008 and their first figure is... Ben Kenobi? **yawn**

Thanbks for the link. I haven't even bought one of the sideshow figures, I don't see myself purchasing anything from this line.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'm with you Tycho. SW is winding down. Sideshow's 12" are the last line for me I think (except for my Bossk sub-collection. I will get every Bossk (yeah, even the Sideshow Bust eventually)
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    A company gets a new Star Wars license in 2008 and their first figure is... Ben Kenobi? **yawn**
    I bet you they have a small line consisting of the OT cast:

Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Vader, Obi-Wan, Stormtrooper, and the droids, just like Hasbro debuted with in 1995.

With Hasbro presumably focusing on E3, TFU, and Clone Wars, I'm sure Diamond thinks they can make their big move onto the scene by offering the OT for Old School enthusiasts due to a lack of Hasbro product being out there (I think, we'll see what OT stuff Hasbro reveals later today).

I think Diamond showed Obi-Wan because everything else they'll show later will be more exciting.

My guess is it will be by-the-wave releases not one figure per month, like SideShow.

SideShow does offer you 5 more inches though

I think Diamond will be 7" figures.

I think I can pass on these same as I have the Sideshow figures. Probably too expensive to start collecting a line like that anyway.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Sideshow must be miffed since they've been doing clothed 1/4 scale figs already with the Premium Format line. This looks like grade-C junk too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

These are 1/4 scale JT? What's that 16"?

So Diamond is trying to undercut SSC's prices?