Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I actually couldn't tell anything from that picture, Sal. I suppose I should have saved it and then "blown it up," but I didn't as the thoughts in my mind were racing.

This is an awesome "vehicle" addition we're getting, and like you I plan to use it as a droid with its own brain, not requiring a pilot. (Who could see it if you placed another Battle Droid in there anyway?)

However, in all the stir and excitement over the Falcon, an AT-TE, and a fighter, the Homing Spider has really been kind of forgotten.

Thank you for reminding us about it, as this will really be an excellent piece. Like you, I'm buying 4 of them! I cannot wait! This is the best thing that's happened for the Separatists since the Hailfire Droid (which over-shadowed the Geonosian Fighter - which we recently chatted about).

The Separatists really have some cool stuff: now for the Droid Gunship and the Tank Droid!

I think Kashyyyk showed the best light on the Separatist hardware, maybe moreso than Geonosis or Utopau. But then again, I'm going "EU" a little and plan to use a Hailfire on Kashyyyk as well - just because I really dig that vehicle.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    There is!

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2008/DSCN3423.jpg

Look closely and you will see that above the sphere it says "Battle Droid figure fits in cockpit. Figure not included."

So you got your wish JT!

I won't use it for that, but it's a nice add on for those who did want it.

-Sal
    That is cool you can put a droid in there
    It gives it a little more play value.
    You would think though that you might have to have earlier versions of the BD or the ones on the STAP with bendable knees.

It's doubtful an ROTS type BD would fit in there and still be able to close the hatch, but I could be wrong.

I plan on getting at least two of these.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

The cockpit's a cool play feature actually. You can pretend a hero character like a Jedi gets aboard a Homing Spider and takes control of it, that way (if you're going along with the notion that Homing Spiders have their own brains and don't need droid pilots).

That being said, probably only droids with long antennaes (OOM-9) would have difficutly fitting, but most pre-ROTS models had bending knees IIRC.

Geeze I wanted this for a long time!

Now the Droid Gunship and the Tank Droid, Puh-Leese!

The idea of a mechanized, droid army is very cool and Star Wars provides the definitive way to represent it. We're just slowly getting all the pieces. Incidently, there are a lot of different battle droid figures slated to come out for the Clone Wars product line. I'm very curious to see what we're going to get.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

The idea of a mechanized, droid army is very cool and Star Wars provides the definitive way to represent it. We're just slowly getting all the pieces. Incidently, there are a lot of different battle droid figures slated to come out for the Clone Wars product line. I'm very curious to see what we're going to get.
    Though aren't they in a slightly chunky cartoon style?

Didn't Hasbro mention in the Q&A about a possible re-working of the Battledroid, like they did the Super Battledroid? (realistic) Hopefully that's in the pipe.

I'm glad I still have a lot of Episode 1 Battle Droids with bendable knees.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    There is!

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2008/DSCN3423.jpg

Look closely and you will see that above the sphere it says "Battle Droid figure fits in cockpit. Figure not included."

So you got your wish JT!

I won't use it for that, but it's a nice add on for those who did want it.

-Sal
    Nice find! Good job Hasbro, it makes sense to do it this way, no reason not to.

Kinda sad that it also says "Manually move legs for different attack positions!" twice on the back, as if the thing had so little else to offer. I'll be buying it at some point, probably not on Midnight Madness tho', money's tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    Huh, not at all what I pictured, but it makes sense. I wonder if the knee thing Blue2th brought up will be an issue here, it could go either way.

I'm excited to be able to have my clone characters hijack a Spider Droid just like in Battlefront II!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Though aren't they in a slightly chunky cartoon style?
    The only other "droid" army I can think of that's this elaborate, is SkyNet's from Terminator:

you have the Terminator cyborgs, of varying designs, too
    the hunter-killer unmanned sky ships
    the skull-crusher tanks

You could make a very cool, but "darker" kind of toy line similar to Clone Wars, with the Terminator franchise. I'm sure with T4, T5, and T6 in the works (the Christian Bale movies) - this will become a reality.

The human resistance vehicles will be all battered style cars and trucks with rocket launchers, commandeered military equipment, that sort of thing. They will impress most with their "mangled" paint schemes, but not with their form -opposite with how Star Wars' droid army's enemy has all the cool "clone gear" like AT-TEs and such.

Thus I don't think I'll collect a Terminator toy line again, but I have some McFarlane 7" figures and it might be very tempting.

Other than that, i-Robot sort of has a droid army. Transformers are something pretty much unique to themselves, all the "droids" being characters and such.

OK, the Homing Spider Droid is huge and a great value for the $20 vehicle line.

You'd think it was a $30 toy! This will be a great and pleasant surprise for all who plan to buy it! I think this may be the Separatists' best offering, though I'd have to consider that statement carefully. But this is a must-have!

I really hope I find one (maybe 2) tomorrow. I'm really pumped about the HSD. Almost as much as the AT-TE in all seriousness. I've wanted them both since AOTC.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.