Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clone Wars Figures One-Eighty

Way back when I first saw these figures as they were being shown at Toy Fair 2008, I wrote them off as cartoony and not my style. I held that opinion until about noon on Saturday when, after getting my Legacy fill (most of Wave 2 and the BMF) I went back to a TRU to look for a Mon Cal Warrior. Needless to say, they were all gone. Having some extra cash, I looked at the Legacy Wave 1, was left uninspired, then picked up an Obi-Wan Clone Wars figure. I thought why not. Got home, opened it, and was back in the car 2 hours later on my way to Target, where I picked up two clones, Commander Fox, R2-D2 and Greivous. Was officially hooked. Will be off to get an Anakin and Battle Droid tonight.

Can't wait for the next few waves now -- especially C-3PO, Ahsoka, Dooku and Oddball, then the Padme and Clone Space Trooper. Call me a flip-flopper, but I just love the look of these little dudes.

Anyone else change their tune?

I knew there would be a couple out of the CW line I would want, but when Saturday came along I ended up purchasing some extras that I had not intended to.

I originally only wanted Grievous, Obi-Wan, and R2. Well I ended up getting those plus all the other ones.....once I had them in my hands and could decide for myself, I caved.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I haven't jumped on the clone wagon just yet. I did buy animated R2 during MM with the intention of getting 3PO later, and then call it quits.

However, I am interested in getting Ahsoka since I think she comes with the Huttlet. And I usually buy Padme figures, so I'll get her too.

I bought all the previous animated CW figures but generally passed on the realistic versions Hasbro made. I only bought Snowbunny Padme from the second wave of Legacy. It was tough to pass on the SCUBA trooper, since a naval/marine trooper is kinda unique in the SW universe. I did have the SCUBA, Quarren, and Calamari figs in my basket but put them back.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I am only going to get R2-D2 and C-3PO for the animated style, then I'm calling it quits on those. I don't think they look as bad as people thought they would (especialy in person) but I still feel they don't match the rest of my collection. It also just makes it a little easyer to pass on a few more figures a year since I will have to do this due to the higher price point per figure as well as inflation on other necessary purchases.

I will say that I do like them more now that I'v seen them in person. I originaly absolutly hated them, but now I think they are a cool but not for me type of thing.

i flipped on my opinion of them too. i don't pay any attention to any of the photo threads, so i didn't know what they'd look like. i was just gonna write them off as being animated figs, but they look realistic enough that i've purchased all but yoda (something bout his eyes just creeps me out).

I might change my tune on a couple, but for now I just bought the Legacy figures minus Han Chewy and Luke.

Since I was unable to do Midnight Madness, and finally did my shopping today, I did notice an over-abundance of animated figures, and at least two Walmarts and three Targets were out of every Legacy figure give or take a Han, Luke or Chewy, and of course many Legends. I finally found everything I wanted when I drove a few miles out of town.

I never saw an animated Grievous anywhere though.

Things might pick up for the animated style once the movie hits, but I think it's the collectors who are cleaning out the new Legacy figures.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I'm the opposite of you guys. Originally I thought I'd be a completist for this line but I didn't really like Grievous (head too small) when I saw him so I passed. For the next wave, I'll pass on Dooku as I like the previous CW animated version better

Having seen them in person, I'm not feeling any better about them. Except for C-3PO and R2-D2, who look quite good. Luckily, those are two one can have without getting any other figures in the line.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I really like the style of these figures, but I'm trying to cut back. If they were going to run for just one or two waves, I might've been tempted to get them, but as they'll be ongoing for a while, it's better I just pass on them from the start. I did buy Yoda though, and he turned out to be one of my favourite figures I bought on Saturday.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

The Obi-Wan in Clone armor is really nice and I think it beats the crap out of the Legacy verison. I will get R2. I almost bought Rex today
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten