loose pics up of next waves at collectstarwars.com

here's my take on pics:

Xwing Luke - this particular fig looks to have a sloppy paint job. I wouldn't expect all to be like this and am not worried. Some on the 'Net are freaking out over the 'rabbit' teeth on Luke. First of all, it ain't that bad and if you think so, take a littke xacto knife and scrape the teeth paint off - you'll never know it was there. Helmet on Luke looks great. The eyes in the loose pics look more normal. My grade A-

Han Solo DSE - to me, this is a great likeness of Han. Some on the 'net are complaining that this has a terrible face sculpt and I disagree. Looks just like H. Ford from the 70's. It's a very specific look right from ANH that's great! I hope that the holster is functional? Anyone know for sure? My grade B+

Shmi - great sculpt all the way. The paint deco aside from the head is great. However, on this one, the face on this fig is way to pale... hopefully some will have a more accurate flesh tone deco. My grade: B+ (would have been A if face wasn't soo pale)

Vader EW - well, I'm kinda mixed on this one. A great idea, that has a pretty good execution to it. The head is just 'odd' to me - kinda cool, but that's it. The body sculpt is great - don't know why Vaders hands are transparent like the head while the rest of this fig has a solid look to it. Nice lightsaber accessory. Overall, this is an interesting piece that I look foward to getting. My grade: B+

Obi wan training - what a terrible, terrible fig. DOA in my opinion. Really has no redeeming quality to it and I hope this kills off the off - concpet figs (or whatever the hell this is). Of the four off-screen concept figs, this is the worst. Why did they use an old Obi Wan head and not the last one from the Snowobiwan figure? The helmet looks kinda lame and the lightsaber is not painted at the handle, which is inexcuseable. I give this one an: F.

Aside from the abomination known as Obi Wan, this is a good (not great) wave. I look foward to X Wing Luke the most. It is great to finally get a Shmi, albeit a pale one!

Well... I agree that the new Luke is better than the previous effort made on him. The Han is pretty much dead on- tied with Shmi in this wave (nicely done boys!). The Vader is interesting and is a good oddity piece. The Obi-Wan... I don't think is THAT horrible. It IS a new head sculpt, BTW... check out the Padawan ponytail. It's moulded into the head as opposed to hanging off of it like the previous Obi-Wans... Cold Weather one aside.

The winners here are Han and Shmi!! Good going!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

wouldn't call these reviews, but comments - whatever!

I didn't move it, but I see gradings on figure comments, seems like reviews to me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This set is here in Singapore today and I have bought the set home. But I gave Obi-Wan the slip not because he looks bad, but I have limited cash. He is really not so bad.

The rest as per amanamat's preview. But I should say the Shmi fig is the best of the lot. Darth Vader is good too but there's just too many DV going around these days and a brand new Shmi is something to freshen up the line

Overall, I rate this wave average.

Of the 5 i have just found 3, Han, Darth and Luke. I'm looking forward to find Shmi and Obi. As for the review, well Darth Vader seems to save this wave, cuzz Han and Luke just dont cut the cake. Thats my opinion.
    As always...........L

Re: loose pics up of next waves at collectstarwars.com

Originally posted by Amanamatt
    Shmi - great sculpt all the way. The paint deco aside from the head is great. However, on this one, the face on this fig is way to pale... hopefully some will have a more accurate flesh tone deco. My grade: B+ (would have been A if face wasn't soo pale)
    Doesn't Shmi Skywalker have pale skin the movie?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Doesn't Shmi Skywalker have pale skin the movie?
    How could she? She lives in a desert! Unless she applies SPF 3,000,000,000 Sunblock to keep her skin pasty white.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis