Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anakin Skywalker, Hanger Duel, where ?

I was looking at Sir Steve's Toy far coverage, and in the figure box I saw Anakin Skywalker, Hanger Duel. And i'm wonderin where are the pics of it ? i mean they had qui-gon don't tell me it wasnt there at the toy far.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN oh no! don't tell me there are no pics of it.....yet nnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MACE: (deadly stare) You see that duffel bag under my chair?...it's full of lightsabers. I want you to reach in, pull out my saber and hand it to me...

JORUS: (gulp)...which one is yours?

MACE: It's the one that says BAD M*****F***** on the hilt.

Re: Anakin Skywalker, Hanger Duel, where ?

Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
    I was looking at Sir Steve's Toy far coverage, and in the figure box I saw Anakin Skywalker, Hanger Duel. And i'm wonderin where are the pics of it ? i mean they had qui-gon don't tell me it wasnt there at the toy far. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN oh no! don't tell me there are no pics of it.....yet nnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There are no pictures of the figure yet, and it wasn't on display at Toy Fair due to the fact it's a spoiler figure. Same reason that figures such as the Kamino charecters and Dexter Jettster etc., where not on display. That's also why that version of Anakin Skywalker isn't avaliable on April 23rd, and we are getting the peasent disguse version instead. He should be avaliable in late May around the time the movie opens along with the other spoiler figures, such as Count Dooku.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

( dose his Obi vocie) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poo doo they showed Count Dooku Dark lord thats a spoiler figure why didnt they show anakin i wanna see how good he looks

PS how sure are you that thall be out in may ?
    MACE: (deadly stare) You see that duffel bag under my chair?...it's full of lightsabers. I want you to reach in, pull out my saber and hand it to me...

Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
    ( dose his Obi vocie) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    poo doo they showed Count Dooku Dark lord thats a spoiler figure why didnt they show anakin i wanna see how good he looks PS how sure are you that thall be out in may ?
    Count Dooku may be slightly spoiler, though he wasn't displayed with the other lightsaber I bet will be packed in. But the Anakin can be considered a bigger one. He should be packed in with two lightsabers as well, and from movie reports either a removable hand or arm/forearm feature, that's one of the things many are not quite sure about. I'm going with arm/forearm myself. That's the reason that he's not avaliable on day 1, and we haven't seen pictures yet. Remember, you asked. Yes he should be out in May, according to the official site there will be 26 basic figures out by the time the movie opens.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-13-2002 at 03:35 AM.

true

( wonders if Sir steve has photos we havent seen )

X files theme plays

the truth is out there..........

In terms of Anakin, with Hasbro producing these, I'm wondering why we don't just get his Jedi figure, and then would come the first in a long line of resculpts - this being the removeable arm one? I'm sure soft-goods would have to be released this year to fit in that speeder. Why call it Anakin's speeder if we're only going to have an Obi-Wan figure that can fit in it? (for how many months...)

Actually, Collection 1 seems to be in 2 waves:

Obi-Wan hang-gliding Corucant Style
    Anakin - from Siegfried and Roy's
    Padme - Cosmetic Surgery (afterward)
    R2D2 - pest control
    C-3PO - strip 'porter'
    Super Battle Droid - Liquid Televison Host
    Kit Fisto - Jim Kerry's The Riddler stunt double
    Jango Fett - 'why am I in a collection with THESE figures?' pose

and then

Obi-Wan - Kennedy Flight School (soft goods)
    Zam-who-can (sit like a lady if you really want her to)
    Dooku - I want to suck your blood, but first you must be chosen
    Yoda - don't pick on me because I'm little, I just happen to be ugly too
    Clone Commander - let's paint the town red, shall we?
    Mace in Agony (close your eyes if your sprayed with Mace - but don't open your mouth!)

But wait a minute... are we getting all 12 of these on April 22? Or waiting a month before we get figures that were in the speeder and can actually fit in the speeder? Or the fighter for that matter...?

If the vehicles are being released on April 22, then I assume the figures that can be used in them should be also. Right?

Well what about Collection 2?

There's at least 6 figures in each wave of that?

We got 18 figures on May 3, 1999, but the Pod Racers came with ones made for them, and the Naboo Fighter could fit Ric Olee or Anakin just fine.

So my guess is 2 waves of Collection 1 and 1 wave of collection 2, unless we are going to get 24 figures made available to us in one night! That's $168 plus tax for one of each at the cash register at one time. Not that I haven't spent on Star Wars like that on regular occasions, it's about right when you compare that to May 3. Buying just one vehicle puts you over $200, but will we have 4 vehicles to choose from this night? (The gunship won't be out until Fall) Hmmmm. What's going on here?

and how does Anakin's Jedi figure fit into all this?

From what I understand, we will get the 14 basic figures on April 23rd, and then there will be a second wave of each streeting around the day that Episode II opens. StarWars.com says that there will be 26 figures avaliable on the day the movie opens. So we can expect mid May there to be 6 new Collection 1 figures and 6 new collection 2 figures released. The cases are probably gonna be marked for May 16th as well, I bet.

Since they showed the preview figures at Toy Fair, I dunno if they are counting those as part of the 26 avaliable on May 16th. If so I assume that the 16th will have for us: Anakin: Hanger Duel, Count Dooku: Dark Lord, Geonosin (winged), Mace Windu: Geonosis Rescue, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot), Zam Wesell (No Viel). Not sure what the others will be though, its to early in the morning to think.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-13-2002 at 05:33 AM.

That Hangar Anakin listing was expected to be at Toy Fair, it was mentioned in the Hasbro Press Release for Toy Fair, but they apparently didn't bring it. The Press Release was supposed to mention all that they were bringing, so I put every name up in order to make it faster to drop the pics into place, but Hasbro apparently left 3 figures behind from their list.

JJB, that seems like a good reason why they'd leave that figure behind, but what about Bespin Luke and Vader?

BTW, talk about spoilers, the Deluxe Dooku isn't even named Dooku, it's named after the other name the character wears! So much for my spoiler-lite theories about the whole Sith issue...
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    JJB, that seems like a good reason why they'd leave that figure behind, but what about Bespin Luke and Vader?
    BTW, talk about spoilers, the Deluxe Dooku isn't even named Dooku, it's named after the other name the character wears! So much for my spoiler-lite theories about the whole Sith issue...
    No clue on the Bespin Vader and Luke, I figure they just chose to not feature them at the toy fair, so they would have somthing new to show at the Star Wars Celebration in May. I expect Ephant Mon to pop up then as well. Yeah, I noticed that on deluxe Dooku, pretty funny that on the official site they used the name Dooku when the premiered the deluxe figures awhile back. Guess they didn't wanna give that away, but yet they had the card back on display, so ya could read his sith title.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

For some resson i can't hold it, i want the figures now i want to see the Hanger duel skywalker real bad....... Maybe its becuase I have nothing to colect right now.

And how dose it go ?

Colection 1 wave 1 aprl 23 Colection 1 wave 2 May 16 ?

Colection 2 wave 1 ???? colection 2 wave 2 ??????????

explan the brake dwon to me on this.