Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    It's not. I've got one - and am contemplating returning it - and I really wanted this ship made in plastic.

It's not bad, it's not great, it's just - I don't know...OK. (My biggest beef is that the side wings don't lock into position, and are not tight enough - so when I do put them in position, they sag lower that I want them.)

There aren't wing stops for the mechanism?
    As for wanting to return it...
    You pay your money and you take your chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    As for wanting to return it...
    You pay your money and you take your chances.

No wing stops on mine.

and - yeah - I know I paid for it - and opened it - and played with it - so I won't return it. I was just contemplating....
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

No wing stops on mine.
    That seems very strange.
    I don't have one of these, but it seems like a bad design.
    Anyone got one where it has stops on the wings?(Or maybe most people's wings are tighter?)
    Bar.

My V-19's wings don't flop around, if that's what you mean. They stay in whatever position I put them in - so I can display the ship flying like it does in the cartoon.

It is no match for the V-wing though! That ship is still my favorite at the $20 pricepoint for going on a long while. That's right: 4 missiles that fire on target, spring open "Swiss army wings," the cockpit for the action figure, adjustable flaps, extending pylons and landing gear. It's a good package.

The Homing Spider Droid is a great value for the money, as is the AT-AP, but I prefer fighters and vehicles with flight capability.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've been waiting for the V-19 since the first CW cartoon came out several years ago. I haven't picked it up yet, but will soon.

And I have an extra Saga clone pilot ready to go into the cockpit!!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I've been waiting for the V-19 since the first CW cartoon came out several years ago. I haven't picked it up yet, but will soon.

Yeah those Clone Pilots are probably a hot item right now.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post

I picked up several of the Black ROTS Clone pilot as my pilot for the V 19.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

I opened up mine tonight. It doesn't have stops, but when you are positioning the wings in the up position, it reaches a certain point to where the resistance is noticeably less than moving the wing the rest of the way around. I assume that is the spot where they are supposed to be when up. Mine doesn't have an issue with drooping wings. They stay put wherever you put em.

Overall, I like it even though I'm not very familiar with it yet. Its a pretty good vehicle for $20. Some weathering on the paint job would have been nice, but its not a big deal. I like the job they did on the cockpit. I wish all the other vehicles would have the insides painted up like this.

(My biggest beef is that the side wings don't lock into position, and are not tight enough - so when I do put them in position, they sag lower that I want them.)
    That seems very strange.
    I don't have one of these, but it seems like a bad design.
    Anyone got one where it has stops on the wings?(Or maybe most people's wings are tighter?)
    Bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    My V-19's wings don't flop around, if that's what you mean. They stay in whatever position I put them in - so I can display the ship flying like it does in the cartoon.
    The V-19 I've played with is Tycho's, and contrary to his claim, the wings do move if you play with the ship. Friction keeps them in place to a certain degree, but even just whooshing it around causes the wings to fall into lower positions, and inverted flight is even worse. Honestly, this was one of the things that really bothered me about this set, after the lack of deco, those wings are just no fun as they quickly go uneven in mild play, and any more activity they drop almost straight down eventually. And it's not like the friction is going to get stronger with time. And I hate the landed pose. So it's a viable complaint IMO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ok, so with the $20 gift card I got for buying The Force Unleashed (PS3) at TRU on Tuesday while shuttling my mom around, I used that to pick up the V-19 on sale at TRU for 25% off ($18 and change, $20.29 after tax). This ship does have stops on the wings, but they are FAR too weak to do their job, they're not even strong enough to hold the wings out at their lower angle at the correct angle, they're a little drooped from the engine's midline (this explains why the picture on the box looks better, it's only 5 degrees or so but it makes a big difference). The sculpt definitely feels unfinished, and it looks like they tried to use alternating surface textures on the panels (matte, glossy molded surfaces) to mix up the deco, but without success because that bald white plastic they use is too bright. It's a fun ship, but not being able to invert it in play hampers it considerably, and the weapons layout sucks, this is a poor layout trying to be like the X-wing but taking it too far. The real disappointment besides the deco though is the spartan sculpting and features, especially the cockpit which begs for more (or really ANY) detail beyond its simple black display and the awkward control stick that figures can't seem to grasp.

All in all, it's an ok toy but really no better than a C grade in this line.

Anybody slapped some weathering onto theirs yet?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.