Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Oh, I'll probably buy it, don't getta me wrongo. I'm just saying I'm not among its vocal proponents.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I kinda like it - but I do hope thety fix the wing issue.

Remember a couple of years ago when they said they were done with vehicles.

Well, this year appears to be the year of new vehicles.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

My opinion now is that there's nothing wrong with the wings.

Yes I know that all 3 are supposed to be in a down position, kind of like the lambda class shuttle with the main stabalizer fin beneath the craft.

Here's what I noticed:

Several of the slideshow presentation shots show the ship on a flat surface.

Well it can't stand on those wings in the upside down "v."

A helping hand at Hasbro who might not be familiar with the ship, could have set it up for its display. If they had not seen the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network - they wouldn't know any better.

This ship would require those clear support frames that they sell on Rebelscum to hold it "posed" in the normal flight position. Hasbro didn't have any.

The ship looks larger at a longer wingspan.

In the "V" position, it has a shorter wingspan. The bigger - the better rule might be an operating psychology here.

Hasbro had hung the ship up in their display (by fishing wire?) and the center fin was a convenient place to tie the ship up for them.

I will display mine hanging as well, but take the time to tie the fishing line around the vehicle, not just the stabilizer fin. I suppose if you're making a display of the craft for 1-2 days of Toy Fair instead of years in a private collection, you put less effort into it.

Toy Fair is supposed to be for retail outlets' buyers to see new product being exhibited. Like they wouldn't know who Siri Tachi is, or Droma, they wouldn't have watched Cartoon Network either and know how that ship is supposed to fly.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

For $20 I'll probably end up buying one of these, but its not one that I'm terribly excited about. As for the issues with it, they may be resolved by the time its actually released.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    My opinion now is that there's nothing wrong with the wings.

Yes I know that all 3 are supposed to be in a down position, kind of like the lambda class shuttle with the main stabalizer fin beneath the craft.

Here's what I noticed:

Several of the slideshow presentation shots show the ship on a flat surface.

Well it can't stand on those wings in the upside down "v."
    Obviously something is "wrong" then because you just pointed out you know it's supposed to be a different way. Your opinion on the matter is besides that matter, wrong and right are not interpretative depending on your point of view in matters of fact. It is incorrectly designed if this is its final design. This is its shape: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image...tarfighter.jpg

And like the Imperial Shuttle, when landed, the wings fold up, including the middle wing - that's its f'ing trademark, it completely inverts the middle wing to land. For photography, the Hasbro guys use clear blocks and other such devices to prop up the subjects when they take their shots, then photoshop them out. But the one at Hasbro's display is HANGING, there's no need for such things with that, yet the wings are still in that position.

The ship looks larger at a longer wingspan.

In the "V" position, it has a shorter wingspan. The bigger - the better rule might be an operating psychology here.
    You're mistaken. While it's wider, the overall silhouette is significantly smaller in height, giving this ship a 2-dimensional feel now.

Hasbro had hung the ship up in their display (by fishing wire?) and the center fin was a convenient place to tie the ship up for them.

Toy Fair is supposed to be for retail outlets' buyers to see new product being exhibited. Like they wouldn't know who Siri Tachi is, or Droma, they wouldn't have watched Cartoon Network either and know how that ship is supposed to fly.
    Toy Fair is supposed to make product look good so stores will want it, this does not.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, somewhere in there you missed me speculating that Hasbro forgot to bring anything with which they could prop the ship up so the wings would be in the V-flight position under the craft. So they had to lay it flat.

You also missed my speculation that they tied it up by the center stabalizer fin to hang it, thus that fin couldn't be positioned under the craft.

You didn't take into account that the guy who set up the display could be a complete, dim-witted, low-IQ, ignorant, mentally challenged, door-knob.

It's rare that Hasbro makes an EU vehicles, so this is what could have happened.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Sounds like an excellent question for the Hasbro Q and A!!!
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JT, somewhere in there you missed me speculating that Hasbro forgot to bring anything with which they could prop the ship up so the wings would be in the V-flight position under the craft. So they had to lay it flat.

You also missed my speculation that they tied it up by the center stabalizer fin to hang it, thus that fin couldn't be positioned under the craft.

You didn't take into account that the guy who set up the display could be a complete, dim-witted, low-IQ, ignorant, mentally challenged, door-knob.

It's rare that Hasbro makes an EU vehicles, so this is what could have happened.
    No they DIDN'T have to lay it flat. This could have VERY easily been strung up by the center struts. The wings did NOT need to be splayed out as if posing for naught pictures.....

Hasbro is not winning too many fans over with teh V-19 yet. They MUST show it in it's proper flight mode. If they don't or can't because it's not designed to do that, then this particular ship is doomed to fail before they even make it.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    No they DIDN'T have to lay it flat. This could have VERY easily been strung up by the center struts. The wings did NOT need to be splayed out as if posing for naught pictures.....

Hasbro is not winning too many fans over with teh V-19 yet. They MUST show it in it's proper flight mode. If they don't or can't because it's not designed to do that, then this particular ship is doomed to fail before they even make it.
    I think that's kinda what I was alluding to Sal. I don't like the wings like that and I hope that's not the extent of them. That flat wing span not only doesn't look good, but's it's unfaithful to what we've seen so far. Unless of course and like JT said that it's changed for the new show. If so, then I'm not really sold on it.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Looks good enough for me, I'm in for at least one (got to make sure I have enough for 3 AT-TE's).
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!