Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 118
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post
    I think that's kinda what I was alluding to Sal. I don't like the wings like that and I hope that's not the extent of them. That flat wing span not only doesn't look good, but's it's unfaithful to what we've seen so far. Unless of course and like JT said that it's changed for the new show. If so, then I'm not really sold on it.
    It wasn't changed for the cartoon. Check out the trailer. The V-19s are in it and with the wings and tail in correct position, not that flat and topside tail carp Hasbro showed us.

    Oh and I wasn't arguing with you Kal-EL. I was arguing with Tycho, . J/K
    Move along, move along

  2. #22
    I know you weren't arguing with me Sal. I was mainly just saying I was having the same thoughts as you on the subject.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

  3. #23
    I didn't like this as much as I wanted to, but I still see myself buying a few. Hopefully, Hasbro has some decent pilots on the horizon. I read about a pilot Evolutions set, but no pics from TF make me wonder... Maybe SDCC will bring us pics of this.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JT, somewhere in there you missed me speculating that Hasbro forgot to bring anything with which they could prop the ship up so the wings would be in the V-flight position under the craft. So they had to lay it flat.

    You also missed my speculation that they tied it up by the center stabalizer fin to hang it, thus that fin couldn't be positioned under the craft.
    No, I didn't miss it, I pointed out that it's in mid-air, it's not on a table, so your argument makes NO FRIGGIN' SENSE! The wings are folded up in the official photo, and in Steve's photo the wings are hanging free. The center wing has nothing to do with anything in this regard.

    It's rare that Hasbro makes an EU vehicles, so this is what could have happened.
    It's not strictly speaking EU since it's in the show.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    No, I didn't miss it, I pointed out that it's in mid-air, it's not on a table, so your argument makes NO FRIGGIN' SENSE! The wings are folded up in the official photo, and in Steve's photo the wings are hanging free. The center wing has nothing to do with anything in this regard.
    No, part of my argument was that the person who set the ship up on display was not familiar with it or didn't care. They might've used a picture of the ship from their catalog to see how it's supposed to go, and their presentation photo DOES show the ship lying down on a flat surface, which would make it impossible to balance it on the wings in the v-formation. So an idiot might've followed that example for some reason.

    I think I am through arguing about this.

    I suspect a conspiracy such that JediTricks is only trying to stir up controversy over this ship, but I haven't linked it to a good reason yet. But I can assure you that it somehow fits into his larger plot to take over the earth. As a rival for world domination, you can trust that myself and my Mouse Droids will get to the bottom of this.

    At the same time, I will be exonerrated as being right about this issue when the actual toy gets released. How could they use the CW 'toon for inspiration, and then ignore it? Furthermore, why would they use the 'toon for inspiration for the new feature film animation, and then go and change a popular EU ship design? It makes little sense.

    I know I am right because I am a genius. Now I will stop wasting my time arguing about this. (Though I reserve the right to rebuttals to any snide remarks that I know will be forthcoming. )
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  6. #26
    I just need to see this with the wings and tail in the correct position for flight and I'll be sold at least for one, maybe three.
    Move along, move along

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    I just need to see this with the wings and tail in the correct position for flight and I'll be sold at least for one, maybe three.
    Yessir, that would be great.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    No, part of my argument was that the person who set the ship up on display was not familiar with it or didn't care. They might've used a picture of the ship from their catalog to see how it's supposed to go, and their presentation photo DOES show the ship lying down on a flat surface, which would make it impossible to balance it on the wings in the v-formation. So an idiot might've followed that example for some reason.
    Well, there is an idiot around here. You didn't notice that the Hasbro photo has the wings raised.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #29
    There's also a Hasbro slide presentation picture with the wings flat because the ship is on a flat surface where it was photographed. That was what I was referring to.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    There's also a Hasbro slide presentation picture with the wings flat because the ship is on a flat surface where it was photographed. That was what I was referring to.
    A good reason to look at reference photos. That way they can see how it's suppose to displayed.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO