Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    There's also a Hasbro slide presentation picture with the wings flat because the ship is on a flat surface where it was photographed. That was what I was referring to.
    I hadn't seen that slide, but I see it now. It's lifted up in the photo, the right wing isn't even close to the ground, that vehicle isn't flat on the display, they are propping it up in that shot already. That's just as low as the wings are folding apparently, or the prototype can't do what the production model can (not a first for that). I can't wait to hear them explain this one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And it appears the wings go no lower than that, judging by the Hasbro photography (you can see a block on the wing's gutter just barely peeking out)
    I've been looking at that photo JT, and I think the "block" that you're seeing is part of the wing hinge that wraps around and comes up under like a hook. That's how I'm seeing it anyway.

I've a feeling that they displayed the hanging ship with its wings out to A: show the full wingspan, or B: the person that put it up there didn't know any better.

Thank you PF. That is what I've said about 6 times already. (But I do seriously mean to thank you PF. I was complaining about someone else who wasn't listening to me and just wants to argue with me about everything.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No problem. I mean... you're fun to argue with, but seeing as how we all pretty much want the same thing from this one... it seems pointless.

(If I'm wrong, and the wings don't fold down I'll be disapointed.)

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    No problem. I mean... you're fun to argue with, but seeing as how we all pretty much want the same thing from this one... it seems pointless.

(If I'm wrong, and the wings don't fold down I'll be disapointed.)
    So will I. If they don't fold all the way down underneath, then to me it's NOT the V-19. Maybe the V-18 or 20, but not 19.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    I've a feeling that they displayed the hanging ship with its wings out to A: show the full wingspan, or B: the person that put it up there didn't know any better.
    How would they do this, glue? Not likely, it's a prototype.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    How would they do this, glue?
    Do what? Hang it with the wings pointing out? The things are hinged.

Right, if they're hinged, what's keeping the wings from dropping into their supposed final resting point? You guys are claiming that's not their final resting point, that they're stopped at near-horizontal for some unknown reason, well, what could be doing that? They're way too heavy for simple friction bumps, and I can't imagine them putting geared stops in there for a pointless positioning such as this.

The wings may not be all that heavy, the hinge may be snug, there may be some kind of stops... or yeah, they may have screwed it up. Won't know for sure 'til we see a few more shots of the thing I suppose.

There's no way the hinge is THAT snug, those wings would be too heavy for any toy-grade plastic on their own, but then they slapped missile-launchers onto the ends, and not small ones either. Their length alone would make them too heavy.

If it's stops, they'd have to be engineered in there on purpose, and that leads back to the question, why would they pay extra money to do that?