Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    There's no way the hinge is THAT snug, those wings would be too heavy for any toy-grade plastic on their own, but then they slapped missile-launchers onto the ends, and not small ones either. Their length alone would make them too heavy.

If it's stops, they'd have to be engineered in there on purpose, and that leads back to the question, why would they pay extra money to do that?

JT - Are you implying that Hasbro would make an inferior product?
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

No, I'm saying they wouldn't make a superior one for no reason.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, this thing is kinda plain-looking. At least we got Grievous' starfighter, which is a work of art. :-D

well accourding to here the center wing will fold down.

I would really like to see a pic tho.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by TheCivilCollector View Post
    Yeah, this thing is kinda plain-looking. At least we got Grievous' starfighter, which is a work of art. :-D
    Well what do you expect from an EU designed vehicle? Looks like Genndy sketched out the design in about 5 minutes. Still, looks better than the Virago or the Outrider or even the Cruise Missile Trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    well accourding to here the center wing will fold down.

I would really like to see a pic tho.
    I told JediTricks that. I think he just posted stuff to frighten people of the contrary in the absense of the pictures and ignite a controversy for his own perverse pleasure. I suspect a conspiracy.

I am now researching whether JT is behind the plot to have the DNC refuse to seat Florida's and Michigan's delegates as well.

It will be much harder to prove he caused Hurricane Katrina, but that also remains a possibility.

Nothing gets by me.

Eventually, I will also link him to the Oscars snubbing Michael Bay's getting an Academy Award for Transformers!

Then there will be words!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I told JediTricks that. I think he just posted stuff to frighten people of the contrary in the absense of the pictures and ignite a controversy for his own perverse pleasure. I suspect a conspiracy.

I am now researching whether JT is behind the plot to have the DNC refuse to seat Florida's and Michigan's delegates as well.

It will be much harder to prove he caused Hurricane Katrina, but that also remains a possibility.

Nothing gets by me.

Eventually, I will also link him to the Oscars snubbing Michael Bay's getting an Academy Award for Transformers!

Then there will be words!

hmmm - see I heard that JT was behind the Kennedy assassinations (both Sr. and Jr.) AND the fake moon walk. I thought it was crazy talk....till just now.

Tycho - if I don't post for a few days - send out a search team....

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    THERE WAS NEVER ANY QUESTION TO WHETHER THE STUPID MIDDLE WING FOLDED DOWN!!! Dude, this whole time you've been arguing a foregone conclusion, I said it folded down when I first saw it, it's obvious because of the underside design we can see. The sane people around here are worried that the SIDE WINGS won't fold down past horizontal - "HORIZONTAL", that phrase I've been using about this for weeks now, how the hell could the middle wing have anything to do with folding past horizontal when it folds along the midline vertical axis?!? GEEZ!

Nothing gets by me.
    Apparently the part about NOBODY WAS TALKING ABOUT THE CENTER WING got by you.

They don't give out an Oscar for being crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    hmmm - see I heard that JT was behind the Kennedy assassinations (both Sr. and Jr.) AND the fake moon walk. I thought it was crazy talk....till just now.

Tycho - if I don't post for a few days - send out a search team....
    Don't encourage him, it's like feeding the monkeys, they mimic you eating popcorn so you give them some, but the end result is you'll have a face full of monkey poop.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would hope that the wings would fold correctly and that if Hasbro took the time and money to make it, they would do it right. There is not reference materials showing it with the wings straight out so it wouldn't make any sense to design the toy that way.

I was really disappointed to hear that no real deco would be done to the ship. It looks unfinished and reminds me of the very first x-wing. We are so far beyond getting toys like that. We can't even get the engine fans in black??? Bogus.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Yeah, the deco answer was pretty odd, they haven't done a "clean" white vehicle in forever. BTW, I saw the CGI version for the new cartoon and it too has the wings fold down this far, so I have to hope this is all a prototype issue.