Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

V-19 Torrent Starfighter

This looks pretty cool, too! I wonder how many the cockpit seats? 1 or 2?

Will they re-release the AOTC trooper pilot figures?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

1 figure, and BARELY that it appears:
    http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...hp?photo=26443

This thing looked super boring in Steve's shot of their display, at first I thought it was an unfinished prototype:
    http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...hp?photo=26198
    http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...hp?photo=26199

And it appears the wings go no lower than that, judging by the Hasbro photography (you can see a block on the wing's gutter just barely peeking out)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It really is lackluster and perhaps underscaled. On the Lego thread, I said that I'd probably get Hasbro's V-19 over Lego's but it'll probably be the other way around now.

The LEGO versions' wings are geared to move together, but the set is likely $40. Still, it is more to scale than this Hasbro $20 version. Maybe Hasbro will get it more exciting in time for its release, but I suspect this is kinda it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Why would they bother to make the ship and then make it so you can't deploy the wings correctly?

It doesn't make sense. I believe they just didn't know how to display it correctly - or they did it purposely wrong for some reason someone "intellectualized."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Why would they bother to make the ship and then make it so you can't deploy the wings correctly?

It doesn't make sense. I believe they just didn't know how to display it correctly - or they did it purposely wrong for some reason someone "intellectualized."
    If that's as far as the wings go, then I may have to pass. I'm really a little baffled at the lack of weathering seeing as how they've loved to paint the crap out of every other vehicle they've done in the past for the most part.
    I hope the final version looks better than the one in the photos.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And it appears the wings go no lower than that, judging by the Hasbro photography (you can see a block on the wing's gutter just barely peeking out)
    I've been looking at that photo JT, and I think the "block" that you're seeing is part of the wing hinge that wraps around and comes up under like a hook. That's how I'm seeing it anyway.

I've a feeling that they displayed the hanging ship with its wings out to A: show the full wingspan, or B: the person that put it up there didn't know any better.

Thank you PF. That is what I've said about 6 times already. (But I do seriously mean to thank you PF. I was complaining about someone else who wasn't listening to me and just wants to argue with me about everything.)

No problem. I mean... you're fun to argue with, but seeing as how we all pretty much want the same thing from this one... it seems pointless.

(If I'm wrong, and the wings don't fold down I'll be disapointed.)

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    No problem. I mean... you're fun to argue with, but seeing as how we all pretty much want the same thing from this one... it seems pointless.

(If I'm wrong, and the wings don't fold down I'll be disapointed.)
    So will I. If they don't fold all the way down underneath, then to me it's NOT the V-19. Maybe the V-18 or 20, but not 19.
    Move along, move along