Tri Droid Review

Hey all,
    New Star Wars figs are hitting the pegs. I've still got some TAC stuff to review, but, I thought I would get this guy that's justing coming out reviewed first.

This week I've decided to review the Tri Droid figure. There's some confusion, in my opinon, in the Star Wars Databank on this guy. After reading the entry, I actually think it is an Octupatarra Droid.
    Anyway, check it all out here:

http://tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/Tri_Droid.asp

Enjoy!
    Engineernerd

Yeah, we called Hasbro out on that Octuptarra issue, they said they didn't realize the mistake at the time and it was too late to do anything about it.

Thanks for the review! I have yet to find one of these, but I'm still looking. Didn't realize it was unassembled in package.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That was the one and only time I have seen any of that wave. I realized I left a 2-1B on the peg when I was at the check out. Oh well, I'll find him eventually.

Actually, I realized I did make a small error in the review. I was cleaning up my photo area when I found a ROTS stand labeled Tri Droid. Why does thing need a stand when it doesn't have foot pegs? My humblest appologies to everybody. I added a tiny picture of it, just to be complete.

There's a lot going on in that blister, so it's easy to miss him not being assembled.

Engineernerd

The same reason R2-D2 figures still come with stands - it's their generic pack-in, kinda lame really.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I love this figure. I agree with everything you wrote in the review. I had a hard time fiddling with the assembly myself and was cursing Hasbro for not putting a pic or instructions with him. I think tis could easily be the best figure of 08. Its an early front runner right now and I dont think anything until the CW or Yarna can knock it off the pedestal. I didnt understand the stand either, but then I opened the panning droid and was like WTF???? MAde me forget this one.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I love this figure. I agree with everything you wrote in the review. I had a hard time fiddling with the assembly myself and was cursing Hasbro for not putting a pic or instructions with him. I think tis could easily be the best figure of 08. Its an early front runner right now and I dont think anything until the CW or Yarna can knock it off the pedestal. I didnt understand the stand either, but then I opened the panning droid and was like WTF???? MAde me forget this one.
    I haven't seen the panning droid yet.

I'm sure glad you had a hard time with this fig as well. I was begining to think that my age was catching up to like the old guy who couldn't make a Transformer work back in the day.

It would have helped a bit if they put the attachment peg in the proper position to be attached to the body instead of having to flip it around
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

One definitely gets more bang for the buck with this figure. I really like it, and I don't generally give a flip for Trade Federation droid types.

I had absolutely no hard time putting this together. Of course I think it helped that a few of you said you did, so I took my time when assembling this.

Man, I'm IMPRESSED by this figure. It's freakin' TALL!!

Excellent articulation, darn good sculpt.

Whew and here I thought the Kashyyyk trooper might get my vote for the best in the wave, or maybe Gree. However, I too think the Tri-Droid is going to get the votes here. It's its own weapon of mass destruction!

Kudos to Hasbro for a job VERY well done on this figure!

-Sal
    Move along, move along

great review, Engineernerd...

This figure is GREAT! I absolutely love the "outside the box" style figures like this. You pretty much hit all the high points in your review on this one...great, great figure!