Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Think about this. Do YOU (collectors) want never before made figures in the animated style?

OR

Would you rather see them in the realistic style to MATCH the REST of your collection.

Imagine Toryn Farr for example being in the animated style. She wouldn't fit in with the other Hoth figures.

What about a sorely needed upgrade or Ponda Baba or Dr Evazan? Imagine them being animated style! No way they would fit in with the other cantina patrons.

I could go on, but you get my drift.

MOVIE and ALL other NON-CARTOON characters MUST be kept in the realistic style.

Oh and it certainly wouldn't hurt to make Commander Rex, Ahsoka and any other NEW cartoon characters in the REALISTIC style.

We might actually get those as they would MATCH what we already have for figure style.

Ball is in Hasbro's court. They can do the right thing and shoot the winning three pointer OR keep committing fouls and be fouled out of the game.

So, what say you Hasbro?

Everyone else, what are your opinions on this?
    Move along, move along

They're not going to do all the movie characters in this format, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    To make matters worse Hasbro has ALREADY started using the animated style on NON-ANIMATED characters! Don't believe me? Go check out the pics of Cade skywalker, Talon Kardde and Prince Xizor. If those don't look animated (head sculpts) then I don't know what is.

My fear is that Hasbro will take the WHOLE line in this direction. And they will in an effort to cash in on the same characters but in a different style.
    Why would you think they would make the whole line animated? Those figures you mentioned were from COMIC packs. Besides, those figures look realistic enough considering the visual sources for them are from comics.

Saw the new comic packs at Walmart and I had no idea who the hell any of the characters were. Some green alien dude wearing a Stormtrooper outfit and some chick in an Imperial uniform. These aren't the characters I grew up with. No $ale here.

I don't know who they are either, but I look forward to reading about them someday. I'm way behind on my EU reading. I've hardly read any comics and I've not read NJO yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    They're not going to do all the movie characters in this format, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.
    So certain are you?

Sorry Caes, I'm not convinced yet. Until hasbro outright says it, I'm going to be concerned about this. But you and I can agree to disagree. No worries.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Why would you think they would make the whole line animated? Those figures you mentioned were from COMIC packs. Besides, those figures look realistic enough considering the visual sources for them are from comics.

That's the problem MSP, "realistic enough," that's just what the cartoon is. Most of the previous comic figures (Marvel ones not included) are realistic and don't have a cartoonish slant to them (sorry pun not intended).

I kinda get Roron Corobb and Volviff Monn being done like this, though I would have MUCH rather preferred 100% realistic style with them too.

Hasbro just snuck those in hoping we wouldn't mind. We bit, not thinking they'd continue to do so and because we found it acceptable since these were originally CW cartoon characters. They did this with the comic packs because they can hide behind them being comic figures.

See where I'm going with this? As long as we keep accepting this, the animated or hybrid versions are going to be come the standard.

Then, one day when you have friends over that have NEVER seen your collection, they're going to ask why some look realistic and others look "funny" almost cartoon like. Then you'll look back and realize you've now got well over 100 hybird figures, many of which are NOT Clone Wars cartoon characters....

If I'm wrong I'll have NO problem swallowing my words But that's going to take a direct, specific answer from Hasbro, not anyone of us.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    So certain are you?

Sorry Caes, I'm not convinced yet. Until hasbro outright says it, I'm going to be concerned about this. But you and I can agree to disagree. No worries.
    I hear what you're saying, I just don't think this show will be all that successful...I don't see it taking off in popularity, so I doubt Hasbro will pursue that angle. But we shall see, my friend.

Why don't they make animated style characters from the classic trilogy like Han, Leia and Luke? I'd buy that for a dollar.