Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I agree with Mr.JJL. I don't know what figures sal is talking about that have been animated in the main line. The only animated or hybrids as you say have been figures from animated sources. The comic pack figures are meant to be in animated style based on the comics they are from. Outside of the Marvel comic packs, they haven't seemed to cartoony. They've looked fairly realistic to me. I just don't see any precedent for them to suddenly start releasing movie figures in an animated style outside of the comic packs.

Volviff Monn, Rorron Corob have had slight animation look to them because of the cartoon.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Volviff Monn, Rorron Corob have had slight animation look to them because of the cartoon.
    But not like this CW crap that's getting tossed at us. I actually like Volviff and Rorron unlike the animated stuff that Hasbro claimed they'd never make again.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I am not saying they are crap, but they have a slight aimated look to them. Thats what JMS meant by hybrid figures. Even Hermie was slightly animated ot me.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Yeah, but they still look better than the aminated stuff in the CW line.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I already have a nice diorama of nothing but characters from the Star Wars Clone Wars I realistic style.
    With series one type armored Clone Troopers, along with Arc Troopers pouring out of a Command Gunship, along with all the characters and ships, droids, and armor made for the CW line.
    I'm not going to put animated Clones, or any other type of semi-animated characters on the same shelf when I finally get that AT-TE and display it.
    Nope, it just wouldn't look consistent with what I already have.
    To me these are just a novelty, but hey the kids can have their fun playing and mixing it up.
    To us semi-serious to serious diorama builders, they're just not going to work.
    Did I mention alot of our Episode II stuff can get mixed in there, because in AOTC, "Begun the Clone Wars have" with the same ships, and armor etc.

It would take Hasbro years to match what they have already done. Don't think we'll be seeing anything beyond the characters who are animated.
    Yet they want it both ways. I guess the only way to make animated characters, and still use the realistic (well they areout of preportion realistic anyways) ships and vehicles and still sell a ton of each was to go this semi-animated route.
    So I understand Hasbro's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    So why not just say they'd be like the CG animated NEW show?
    I'm betting that it has something to do with the fact that nothing is written in stone until Lucas gives his final approval. As is, we're getting both kinds of figures. We'll have a few animated style figures, and a few more "realistic" style figures. Hasbro may not have had the whole issue worked out and approved until recently... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Well... that's a tough call to make. Cartoon or not, anytime you put a werewolf or a fish-man in a Jedi robe, it's gonna look a little cartoonish maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'm guessing that you got the vague Borat reference.

From Toy Fair Q&A summary at RS:

Question: Will the Clone Wars figures from the series get a realistic style treatment?

Hasbro: Maybe down the road, but the focus now is to produce figure that look like they jumped right off the screen. Easier for kids to recognize them in the stores.

There you have- kid show, kid toy. Collectors will be serviced later, thank you.

NOW, CAN WE ALL AGREE TO LIVE IN PEACE?
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Am I the only person around who remembers George going on at length about this wasn't a kids' show, that it would be rated PG-13, and there'd never been a cartoon this adult-oriented... until it wound up on Cartoon Network, and now suddenly it's a kids' show?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I recall it. I also recall him saying the original theatrical releases of the OT will never be on DVD.