Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

From a certain point of view, these Clone Wars Figures, SUCK!!

In my thirteenth year of Star Wars collecting, I can safely say that I quit, after seeing these sorry excuses for action figures for 2008. The cartoon style is just silly. If I was five years old I might be thrilled, but as an adult collector, Hasbro has failed me. I want figures I saw in the movies, not these. It is a shame, the figures, with a few exceptions, where really getting good, especially compared with the old POTF2 line. It was like a dream come true, until today. No more Vintage Line? Go to hell Hasbro! You will not be getting any of my money this year, and I predict that this cartoon crap will be a miserable business failure. See you in 2009, if Hasbro's Star Wars line can survive that long.

The regular line of CW figs in the Legacy line are great looking. The animated ones suck arse. I am not buying them at all so you are not the only one who feels this way
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Neither of you are alone. I'm passing on the CW figs as well. For Hasbro to say they'd never do animated style again and then do these is a slap in the face.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

The only figure I remotely like so far of the clone war figures is R2, because I have always wanted one that opened up like that since I was little. Unfortunately, the cartoonish look makes me think I will probably wind up passing on it, especialy if they try to sell them for 7.99 like it was mentioned in one thread.

There aren't too many figures coming out this year I want anyway.

I might get the R2 depending on how it looks becauseit opens like that. Only one though.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by zipposparkswell View Post
    In my thirteenth year of Star Wars collecting, I can safely say that I quit, after seeing these sorry excuses for action figures for 2008. The cartoon style is just silly. If I was five years old I might be thrilled, but as an adult collector, Hasbro has failed me. I want figures I saw in the movies, not these. It is a shame, the figures, with a few exceptions, where really getting good, especially compared with the old POTF2 line. It was like a dream come true, until today. No more Vintage Line? Go to hell Hasbro! You will not be getting any of my money this year, and I predict that this cartoon crap will be a miserable business failure. See you in 2009, if Hasbro's Star Wars line can survive that long.
    My sentiments exactly. This is where I draw the line to stop collecting. I'm only going to collect the Indiana Jones figures this year. I have zero interest in the Clone Wars series.

Though I'll probably pick up the AT-TE because it was featured in the films but no silly cartoon Clones. Keep it real with the features. Just say no to EU.

General Grievous is in this movie? I thought he died in the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    General Grievous is in this movie? I thought he died in the last one.
    Dude, it's the Clone Wars.

There are more than just Clone Wars figures this year. However, it is to be expected that they are going to put a few more resources towards it than the movie figures because of the Clone Wars series. If not for the series, they might not have went all out to deliver such an awesome AT-TE. We're also getting some long awaited OT figures like Yarna. There are also people like me that are excited about the EU figures because it is something new and different from endless repacks, repaints and resculpts. They've made about half of Tycho's top 50 most wanted figure list they submitted 3 or 4 years ago. We're in the process of creating a new list, and if Hasbro keeps making Star Wars figures, we can look forward to seeing many more of them made eventually.

To make matters worse Hasbro has ALREADY started using the animated style on NON-ANIMATED characters! Don't believe me? Go check out the pics of Cade skywalker, Talon Kardde and Prince Xizor. If those don't look animated (head sculpts) then I don't know what is.

My fear is that Hasbro will take the WHOLE line in this direction. And they will in an effort to cash in on the same characters but in a different style.

NOT going to work on me.

I was steadily starting to break and thought I might buy the CW figs, but I'm starting to ratchet that leak back up.

So with that, this is my open letter to Hasbro:

NO ANIMATED STYLE FOR MAINLINE CHARACTERS HASBRO!!!

If you do that, YOU, HASBRO will kill the line, NOT we collectors.

After 13 years on the modern line, most of us already have no more room for yet another line. The great majority of us have NO desire to re-collect them all over again as well.

You have been WARNED Hasbro.

Continue down this path and you will lose MILLIONS of dollars, not just this year, but every year hereafter.

It's bad enough the CW line will go beyond 2008. We know it will. So long as the cartoon succeeds, you will continue to crank out figures to go with it.

Fine. Just don't mess with the MAIN 3 3/4 line, comic 2-packs, battle packs, multi-packs, etc, that are NOT CW specific characters. Do not abandon the realistic style of clones and Jedi, etc., who just happen to appear in the cartoon as well as the movies.

Think I'm joking? Look here on these boards, look on Jedi Defender, Rebelscum, Jedi Temple Archives, YakFace and I'm certain others. There are MANY collectors who are ****ed at your decision. Had you bothered to take even a modicum of REAL interest in what WE wanted with regards to figures for the cartoon show, you would have known that we did not want a change.

It was readily apparent that you Hasbro were playing games with us when you wouldn't answer the specific question about these figures being the cartoon style. Don't give us any crap that you thought we meant the forner cartoon. Why the hell would we think that? Of course we mean the new cartoon. Don't hide behind it. It's obvious from your playing games and dodging the question that you decided some time ago what style you were doing the figures in. This isn't the first time you've played these games. here are two more distinct instances: When asked about the shuttle being rereleased you said no or wouldn't answer the question, yet bam there it was not a couple of months later. Considering the manufacturing and shipping time, you knew it was coming out and where. The very same example can be used for the AT-TE. We asked and asked. You said "If we can find a way" among other NON-answers. Either YES or NO. Any other answer is playing games. Given that these questions about the AT-TE were posed within the last couple of months, again that's not enough time to design, make the tools/dyes, manufacture and ship them. So you either were lying or playing games.

We are no longer to be trifled with. You are going to lose and big. Oh true enough there may be an initial spike because of the newness of the Clone Wars line, but as far as figures go, you screwed up.

Be upfront about this. Do you plan on turning the whole line (or majority of it) into this style? Do you ever plan on going back to realistic style? Will you continue to have two seperate lines, one for Clone Wars and one for all other Star Wars characters?

Don't wait and don't play games. We want to know NOW. Our collecting future as well as your success (and VERY REAL DOLLARS) on this line of toys depends on it.
    Move along, move along