Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A question on shoulder articulation

Hey All!

Just curious as to everyones take on shoulder articulation using the Vintage versus Evolutions Fett as an example.

To me, the Vintage one that has the shoulder pad sculpted over the articulation in the shoulder looks so much nicer, so the question beckons: why does Hasbro not use it much? Is it a matter of cost? That is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Thanks for looking!

With the Vintage one, even the graphics can be centered properly....and lately some should articulation looks curved like ESB Fett here, and some others blocky, like the Vintage Bespin Luke!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0209.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	16762  
    Real men buy Willrow

That IS weird. Makes me second guess my decision of getting this pack. The shoulder articulation on VOTC Fett is fantastic, I am at a loss for ideas as to why they used a different type of articulation for the evo version?? Actually, the only thing that crossed my mind is range of motion on the arms. But I don't have the evo one yet to compare to. I have a tattoo of the bantha skull, one of my fav symbols from the SW universe so to me, the placement if VERY important on any Fett figure I purchase. It looks totally shrunk down and crammed in on the shoulder armor since they decided on that form of articulation.

Which Fett is better in your opinion Amanamatt? If you don't mind, lemme know why too, as I was really looking forward to this Fett, not because of the 'removable helmet' but because I thought it was an entirely new sculpt.

Thanks
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

It looks like a range of motion thing.

I thought the Evo Fett would just be a retooled VOTC Fett, but obviously it has a few significant differences. I guess it's actually the ESB version of Fett.

The helmet on the Evo Fett looks much more accurate in proportion compared to the vintage style one. I might actually buy this set.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic View Post
    Which Fett is better in your opinion Amanamatt? If you don't mind, lemme know why too, as I was really looking forward to this Fett, not because of the 'removable helmet' but because I thought it was an entirely new sculpt.
    Thanks
    They both have their pluses and minuses - the ESB Evolutions one has very nice detail, and seems fairly accurate in the sculpt....what is annoying about it - and this is where the VIntage shines: the little details. The vintage one is not missing all the little symbols and has the superior shoulder detailing, IMO. The Evo Fett i missing the (his right) chest insignia and the cape/cloth for his back is wayyyyyyy too long - none of those isses were present in Vintage style.

In my pic, this is the altered Evolutions Fett - I shaved down his face so the helmet would fit right - since we never see his face in the movie, I did not mind doing this. Also, his cape thingee goes all the way down and touches the ground - so, I had to cut half of it off to make it the correct length....

That said, the proportions in the Evo Fett seem a bit more on than the Vintage one.

I would say pick it up as it compliments the Vintage one well, what with this being the ESB version with accurate pistol - cool considering the 300th Fett had the prototype gun!

Big Barada: just keep in mind the helmet fits properly if you alter the head a bit - without that, you will have the nose of Fett poking through his helmet....something that annoys me.

Thanks for the feedback/comments!

Update: here is a pick of my 'corrected' Fetts = Jango got the Cody head so the helmet would fit without the nose sticking through and the ESB Fett from a straight on look -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0210.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	16763  
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    Big Barada: just keep in mind the helmet fits properly if you alter the head a bit - without that, you will have the nose of Fett poking through his helmet....something that annoys me.

Thanks for the feedback/comments!
    I was actually going to pass on this set, but plan to get it now that I've seen your photo.

And don't worry, I have no problem shaving off the stupid Jango face.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I was actually going to pass on this set, but plan to get it now that I've seen your photo.

And don't worry, I have no problem shaving off the stupid Jango face.

I ended up shaving it instead of giving him the Cody pinhead since I liked the look of the white head cover - pretty sharp overall!

I would definitely recommend the set.
    Real men buy Willrow

Thank you for the feedback as well!

I can't believe they left out all of the detail you described?? It started out as such a great fig, to leave off what they might think is small potatoes when going far enough to make him a bit better, is strange to me.

Of course, I love the Boba Fett and you can never have too many so, as BigB said, since I've seen your pictures, I will pick it up. The holster (silly as though it may sound) is one of my favorite aspects of this new Fett.

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic View Post
    The holster (silly as though it may sound) is one of my favorite aspects of this new Fett.

No, I get it - as for the ESB Fett, the little issues like oversized cloth cape (what is that thing called?) and missing insignias are the little issues probably caused by an oversight where its made and can be corrected once opened.

On a totally positive side, the new detail on the rifle is excellent and I love the included ESB blaster. This is 'almost' the definitive ESB fett.
    Real men buy Willrow

Amanamatt, thanks for the idea about sanding down the nose.

For Deoxy and BigB, I just wanted to point out that the waist articulation is different than VOTC Fett. Evo Fett actually has ROTS Pilot Obi Wan style waist articulation but the belt restricts it quite a lot.

The Evo one has more range of motion, while the VOTC version has more limited range and requires deeper cavities to be sculpted into the torso, which also makes for more expensive assembly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.