Cool Real Scan in action - Palpatine pics!

Wow... while those age spots (some have described them as chicken pox) may not be the perfect paint job, take a look at this figure's sculpt in the pics I added a little while ago... wow.

http://systems.figures.com/Features/...ss&domain_id=5

Especially check out the second picture, aka "Loose Front 2", this figure LOOKS like somebody shrunk Ian McDiarmid - the figure even has creepy old man neck! This figure definitely appears to be taking full advantage of the "Real Scan" technology. If Hasbro can keep the paint right, this will be an incredible line in terms of likenesses. Hopefully, we won't see too many paint problems like Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

As long as they use an opaque plastic instead of the semi transluscent stuff they've been using lately the paint will look ok. It's when they use the transluscent stuff that the paint looks weird. that waxy looking plastic makes the figures look like - well, wax. using something like the stuff they made the POTF figures out of would allow the beter paint details to look amazing. But hasbro say this new plastic is better because it means they can get the better detail into figures so....... either way we lose. Palpatine will probably hit shelves with big splodges of paint like Salacious crumb had. Like big spray paint blobs in da-glo pink or something. Which is a shame because this figure is just phenominal. maybe it doesn't have the gimmicky action poses or do anything other than just stand there with it's big hands held in front of it, but coupled with Orn Free Taa this figure is gonna kick some ***! It's number one on my shopping list of AOTC figures right now.