Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Dear Hasbro, please do NOT make the Clone Turbo Tank

aka the Juggernaut. Please don't ever make this toy. Ever. Seriously. I know a number of collectors are going to ask for it, there's been a small but vocal contingent asking about this for a few years now who are now emboldened by the AT-TE's imminent release. But the Juggernaut sucks and would make an incredibly lousy toy, a total waste of plastic. I know it's unusual to be asked NOT to make something, but with the limited number of items this line can produce in a year, I would absolutely hate for anything to be cut to make room for a loser design like this that was barely noticeable in just 1 film. Every toy so far that's been produced of the Juggernaut has sold poorly, from the Titanium Series to the LEGO version - this thing is dull as dishwater. There's a reason it was originally rejected back in the late '70s, it's not much of a Star Warsy design with its ridiculous 10 wheels and block body. Hell, most of its "fans" don't even realize that the end with the "neck" is the back rather than the front - it's a big stupid RV towing a box!

So in closing, please ignore all requests for any toy of the Juggernaut Clone Turbo Tank.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ditto.

It would be big, expensive, incredibly boring and the death of large accessories for the Star Wars line.

Oddly enough, with my obsession with Jabba's Palace and Skiff Guards, I feel the same way about a possible Sail Barge toy. I think it would be an incredibly boring "toy box" that would offer little play value to any kid.

Plus the Sail Barge is a horrible design, especially considering the "open air" concepts for it that were drawn up before the reality of the "creature effects" budget set in. So we ended up with this completely enclosed coffin with big red "sails" on it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Interesting.

I'd probably pass on it, like I passed on the V-Wing and will pass on the AT-TE. But I think it looks cool as hayle.

A Sail Barge, though, I'd be first in line for. I'll get rid of my dining room table to house that mammajamma if I have to.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Really, you don't think the sail barge would be interesting? I have the LEGO version, and it's one of my favorite sets, it actually caught me by surprise a little. There's both enough interior and exterior going on to make it a fun playset. Heck, even the side has an action scene on it. There's the windows and Luke's jump, the interior with Leia and Jabba's throne (great way to finally get that made!), stairs, trap doors, the big cannon on the deck, the side cannons, launching Fett, maybe a swivel plate for Luke to wield his lightsaber (there's 2 of these on the Black Pearl, surprisingly fun), and a rope to swing to freedom hanging off the sail.

You think the JuggerNOT looks cool? I don't get that at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Really, you don't think the sail barge would be interesting? I have the LEGO version, and it's one of my favorite sets, it actually caught me by surprise a little. There's both enough interior and exterior going on to make it a fun playset. Heck, even the side has an action scene on it. There's the windows and Luke's jump, the interior with Leia and Jabba's throne (great way to finally get that made!), stairs, trap doors, the big cannon on the deck, the side cannons, launching Fett, maybe a swivel plate for Luke to wield his lightsaber (there's 2 of these on the Black Pearl, surprisingly fun), and a rope to swing to freedom hanging off the sail.
    The toy would have to be pretty big and pretty amazing to really impress me. Because if it's too small then the inside becomes cramped and the sails obscure any figures on top.

If it's 3-4 feet long with all the features you describe, including a Jabba's throne that can be removed and displayed separately, then I'd buy it. But only after Hasbro made a correctly scaled Skiff, all 13 Skiff Guards, a true ROTJ Jabba the Hutt, and a Sarlacc Pit playset.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The Juggernaut looks awesome. It doesn't, however, look "Star Warsy." The wheels kill it.

However, it could go pretty nicely with the McQuarrie figures and the old "EU" concept vehicles, since the Juggernaut as we finally saw it was almost exactly like the old drawings from back in the day.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    If it's 3-4 feet long with all the features you describe, including a Jabba's throne that can be removed and displayed separately, then I'd buy it. But only after Hasbro made a correctly scaled Skiff, all 13 Skiff Guards, a true ROTJ Jabba the Hutt, and a Sarlacc Pit playset.
    But the size you give is enough to keep this one unproduced. At 3-4 feet long it'd be at least the $100 price tag of the Naboo Starship and seeing as it's almost 10 years later they'll no doubts up it considerably which is unfortunate.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I have to disagree. I'd like the Turbo tank.

However, instead of it being a toy, I contend with what I've been proposing for sometime now that it be a toy chest instead. Now with two cockpits for drivers/gunners and a detachable "crow's nest" on the top. (To make it easy to put toys in)

This would fill the desire for the vehicle to a point and also have the added bonus of being useful as a storage unit for toys for kids. AND it could still have wheels to make it easy to move about with toys inside.

In this instance the rolling toy chest could be done affordable as there wouldn't be anywhere near as much tooling for this as there was for the AT-TE.

We're not talking about complete accuracy here either with the toy chest Turbo Tank. But it can be BIG. No electronics, no lights. Limited moving parts. That would help keep costs down.

So I agree with JT that it should be done as a toy. But I do want to see it in some format other than a small Titanium. The toy chest idea has some merit as it's functional as well as a "toy" to a small degree.

-Sal
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 02-19-2008 at 10:45 AM.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Really, you don't think the sail barge would be interesting? I have the LEGO version, and it's one of my favorite sets, it actually caught me by surprise a little.
    I don't want them to unless they do it right.

To upscale the Lego toy to a 4 inch line just ain't gonna happen. So, it's either no sail barge or a sail barge nobody would want because it would be too small, a la sandcrawler and Sith Infiltrator. Then everybody would rail on Hasbro for not making it exactly the way they want. It's a no-win situation.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I wouldnt want to see this, I wouldnt buy it. It had about 4 seconds of Screen time. If anything else gets made, I see a retooled AT-TE into an AT-OT.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten