Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just promise, not swear. Or avoid oaths of all kinds.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Just promise, not swear. Or avoid oaths of all kinds.
    what about avering?

OH FUDGE!!!!

Except I didn't say fudge...
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Can there be a "Soaped" status for those who are temporarily banned for using bad words?
    "That's what Sheev said."

This thread reminds me of the "swearing" that takes place in A Christmas Story.

What about use of the Battlestar Galactica "F" word?
    May the force be with you.

Can there be a "Soaped" status for those who are temporarily banned for using bad words?
    My mom made me rinse my mouth out with soapy water once...or twice, or thrice.
    Now I wonder why she went to all that trouble to prepare the mixture instead of putting a bar of soap in my mouth.

Shut-up was considered swearing. We had to say Hush-up. Yeah things like that and no elbows on the table. Little things like that you'd get a slap, but punishment from the mom was better than the terror of the belt from dad for major infractions like real cuss words.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    My mom made me rinse my mouth out with soapy water once...or twice, or thrice.
    Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. My personal preference was for Lux, but I found Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heady, but with just a touch of mellow smoothness. Life Buoy, on the other hand...
    Ralphie: YECCHH!

Can we say ornery words like "dagnabbit" or "consarnit"?

Or what about as Colonel Harry T. Potter would say from time to time "Horse hockey!" Or 'English swearing' such as using the word 'bloody' ie. "I had a bloody good time last night."

I like it. Lifebuoy? Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    What about use of the Battlestar Galactica "F" word?
    "Frak you, you motherfrakkker!" It's only ok if you promise to read it in Michael "Col. Saul Tigh" Hogan's Canadian space accent.

Quote Originally Posted by RoonStones View Post
    Can we say ornery words like "dagnabbit" or "consarnit"?
    That's my bag already!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Or what about as Colonel Harry T. Potter would say from time to time "Horse hockey!"
    Yeah, that's another one I already use like the previous.

Or 'English swearing' such as using the word 'bloody' ie. "I had a bloody good time last night."
    This actually we're on thin ice over. We're allowing "arse" but I'm trying to be cautious here, so generally I'd prefer you didn't, but I'm not ready to say it's a rule yet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.