Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citizen 3 packs

Citizen 3 packs

Would you be into 3 packs of citizens from different planets? For example, three random people from Mos Eisley, Cloud City, etc.?

yeas and nays are welcome.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

It would depend, but I'll throw out a possible yea.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

It depends on what characters are in them. I would be interested in something like

Sgt Doallyn
    Random Outlander Patron
    Queen Jamilla
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I think themes would be better than three random characters, but, as long as they stay interesting, I'd be in.

It could be a great way to get folks like Jira and Nyat Agira.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd have to say yeah, because this would be a great way to get characters out there that might not be able to otherwise see the light of day in action figure form that is...

Though i do also think the packs should follow a theme and to have appeal to the masses include at least one "Hero" type characters to sell to the masses. If they only put in back ground characters then kiddies are going to go right by these...

If they done something like this as an online exclusive...then that would go well i'm sure but i'm not sure the tooling cost would make this a possiable idea...even though i would love to see something like this.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I think this is a good idea, Jon.

I think if Hasbro offered a three-pack with a theme, but kept them generic (sorry, Chux), then you would have the opportunity to customize the figs, expanding beyond the three. This would allow for a type of "army building" which I think diorama builders would appreciate.

I do agree with Chux that Hasbro needs to consider offering more of the minor characters.

Just MHO.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Yes, yes, yes! (never happen, but I can hope...)
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

I'm gonna say "nay". These would only cater to diorama builders, IMO. It just seems that a kid walking down the toy aisle wouldn't say to his mom "mommy! Mommy! Can have this 3 pack of random arsed SW characters?!?!"
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

In El Chuxter's thread about being in charge of what figures Hasbro makes, I listed several civilian figures for different species, so I agree this would be cool, even if the aim were more toward figures that appeared in the movie.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Did Hasbro already do this with the Cantina Aliens, Skiff Guards, and Rebel Pilots 3-packs in 1998-1999? That's essentially what we're asking for here right?

Hasbro's already said that they would only offer multipacks of figures that were linked in some way in the films. Meaning that we would never get a Cantina Alien, a Bespin Civilian and an Outlander patron in one multipack. But we could conceivably get a Cantina multipack, a Bespin multipack and an Outlander multipack. Which would be preferable, because if I'm building a diorama of the Cantina, but am not interested in making an Outlander diorama, then I would only have to buy the multipack that interests me and not be forced to buy figures I don't want.