Talking Naboo Starfighter -- Rogue Squadron PC

You may remember several months ago when I asked if anyone had a code for accessing the Naboo Starfighter on the PC version of Rogue Squadron. I had just purchased the most recent version of the game at Costco and could view the ship in the hangar but not select it.

Just a few days ago, I wanted to play this game again and set up a new ID to do so. I named the character Corran Horn (after the character from the Rogue Squadron novels), and I'm not sure if that had anything to do with what happened next. I entered the codes for stage select, the Falcon, and TIE Interceptor and then, as a lark, tried to select the Naboo Starfighter. To my surprise, it began to take off.

This ship is--just from my own observation--as fast as an A-Wing, with the handling of an X-Wing. And I don't know if it was just my excitement, but the weapons seemed easier to aim.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Congrats! I think I remember something about how the code had to be entered from a different save slot, what you said jarred that memory loose.

The Naboo Fighter on N64 is the top-notch flyer, it's maneuverable, fast, STRONG, and has plenty of torpedoes IIRC. The only negative thing I can remember is it has the wrong color exhaust and blaster bolts, again, IIRC (if I remember correctly), it's that good. It's also the only ship I can get a gold medal on the Death Star trench run with, that level just asks too much of the X-wing for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.