Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Willrow Hood in 2009

From JediDefender

Quote Originally Posted by JediDefender
    3. As you know, JediDefender is proud to support the "Please Give us a Willrow Hood Figure" campaign. During the conventions last Summer, it was sounding like he might finally make his way into our collections in 2009. How about an update for our ICMG fans? Have you guys decided on "single card" or "multi-pack" yet?

** We can confirm that Willrow will be a basic-carded figure in 2009 in an EpV-themed wave (no updates on who his wave-mates are. You'll have to wait!). As of yet, no design work has been started on Willrow, but we'll see if there's an opportunity to share with everyone the progress of this fan-favorite figure as work starts to begin.
    So there you go. I think after the triple-punch of Yarna, the AT-TE, and Willrow Hood, nobody is allowed to complain about Hasbro ever again.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Sure we will. I want a black bespin guard
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Success!!!!

Though it still doesn't make up for the animated style CW figure decision...
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    From JediDefender

So there you go. I think after the triple-punch of Yarna, the AT-TE, and Willrow Hood, nobody is allowed to complain about Hasbro ever again.

We can still b*tch about the Tonnika sisters. And I'm sure we'll come up with new causes(Dr. Evazan......ANH Owen Lars.....)

So far I'm buying -1 Star Wars figures in 2009.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm down -- Bespin background characters are always cool by me.

The Fanboys have been mollified!

So what do we turn our considerable influence towards now? I like the aforementioned Cornelius Evazan and Owen Lars. I'd really love a brand new Ponda Baba. In fact, that's my number one most wanted. I've got a nostalgia yearning for Hammerhead, Greedo and Walrusman, and I want perfect versions of all three.

I get the impression we'll never see the Tonnika sisters, which is fine...I just want a final answer. If it is absolutely, without a doubt never gonna happen, then we can stop using votes on them and move on. But if there exists the possibility, then by all means we need to keep driving at it.

If not though, then some enterprising sculpter needs to get cracking on some high class bootlegs, because that would satisfy me. Don't put any names or logos or copyrights on anything and get them out the door.

All I would like to know from The House that George Built is WHY we can't have them. Has anyone ever gotten a straight answer from Lucasfilm or Hasbro at a convention? Rights issue? Did Dennis Muren have an affair with one of them? Is there some cover up going on?

Wow, Another OT fan favorite. Not bad news. Willrow won't be very exciting but he'll move faster than the Naboo guards!

What do the fans want now? I've always wanted the Tonnakas, since i was a kid actually, so that would be my vote. Though i know it'll be a cold day on Felucia before that happens.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

What flavor of carbon frozen ice cream should he come with?

They could make variants:

chocolate-chip cookiee dough
    rocky-road
    chocolate fudge
    vanilla sky
    strawberry sherbert

I'm eating pineapple-coconut ice cream right now while I'm posting this.

They could make 31 Flavors of Wilrow Hood you know! That's a lot of mileage out of one action figure.

Seriously, who is going to display your Wilrow Hood action figure in your freezer? That would be so cool! Uh - literally.

But hey, while it's MadSlantedPowers' call, I don't think he can really come off our list until we see an actual picture of the production line figure. Right now we need to keep his winning votes on the record so they don't change their plans.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

With 10 years yet to go, and if the line can still go for that long, there's no real reason in the world that Hasbro shouldn't be able to at least try in some form or another to get out every possible figure of every character they can. I know some would be less popular than others and some wouldn't sell as well, but c'mon you can sell a Clonetrooper in every color of the rainbow(even ones that weren't in any film, comic, cartoon)and you're telling me the Tonnika sisters wouldn't sell? There are polls on this and other forums to lobby Hasbro into making these characters as figures so you know the demand would be there. I just think the good folks(I use that term loosely)at Hasbro don't try hard enough at times.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]