Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

The debate of Bane Malar and Sgt Doallyn

I was skimming through Return of the Jedi a few minutes ago to check out the details on characters like how many bars are on Jerjerrod's suit and as for bane malar i paused the movie every second when he popped up to tangle with Chewie and Leia who's disguised as Boussh. I paid very close attention to Bane Malar's outfit in the movie. It's all black and his helmet is round bubblish with hoses. Now me personally I'm still an old school casual fan of Star Wars but I'm glad I didnt come up with these names that go to the characters in question in Return of the Jedi especially with Malar and Doallyn. As of right now rebelscum is kicking our butts with the Q and A to Hasbro and they even started asking Hasbro about the two characters and the upcoming action figure. If anyone else has the time go watch Return of the Jedi and pause every second when "Bane Malar" pops up to try to get physical with Leia and Chewie at the steps

I'm confused as to which is which. That still might be Sgt. Doaylln that Chewie tosses when Boussh enters.

Bane Malar and Sgt. Doaylln have different kinds of helmets, and outfits in general. They're similar in some respects, but not entirely.

I still think we could use a figure of Doallyn, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
    . As of right now rebelscum is kicking our butts with the Q and A to Hasbro and they even started asking Hasbro about the two characters and the upcoming action figure.
    I thought that you hated that site

I don't care if it's Bane Malar or Doallyn, I'll buy the figure anyways.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

Of course I'll buy Bane Malar.

I want to buy multiples of BOTH characters. That's all.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I thought that you hated that site

I don't care if it's Bane Malar or Doallyn, I'll buy the figure anyways.
    I was wondering the same thing. Alot of RS defense going on me's thinking.

I look at it this way. If we're getting Bane, then we'll most likely get Doallyn. Don't quote me on that, but It'll probably happen.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

The way I see it is Hasbro just gave us the more obscure of the two. Any time we can get a character wanted by some that is so random, it's a win for those fans, and avg collectors looking for a scene filler. Even if Bane isn't in the movies we just got an awesome looking figure.

To me it's quite obvious with Yarna & Hermi off many ROTJ wishlists, Doallyn has to sit pretty high. The debate should be will we see Doallyn in '09 or '10.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Alot of RS defense going on me's thinking.
    When I read the OP, I also thought the same thing myself, just didn't knwo how to articulate it. Too funny.

I might now post to often, but when I do it's at SSG, otheRSites just don't compare.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

I didnt know the Q&A were a competition.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm still saying that is NOT Bane Malar that Chewie throttles.

If you've seen the Decipher card Bane is wearing dark blue and his helmet is taller. The outfit worn by the guy Chewie throws down is almost exactly like the outfit that we see the good Sgt. wearing over the sarlaac except for that it's black.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Well... we'll just to have to wait until there's more updated photos of the Bane Malar figure including a picture of the back of the card with the info on him to find out if he is or isnt the one that gets thrown down the steps.

I'll still buy this figure anyway