Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pic of New A-Wing

found this over at 4inches.com looks like we've getting a Red A-Wing with new pilot using Tycho's body and a new head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	080228_tf_wm_awing.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	16825  
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Looks like the same old toy, just a new pilot.
    Move along, move along

"I don't know about this one Clark."

Blah...next!

I'll get the pilot loose on E-Bay...

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I'll probably get 2 so I can put my Tycho figure in one, and you can have the extra pilot Sinscia.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

this was revealed in hasbro's slideshow presentation. The pilot is Arvel Crynyd apparently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arvel.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	16826  

At least he has the right helmet this time.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

We talked about this in the TF08 thread. I was actually more excited about this than I was for Yarna. I've been wanted a movie-correct A-Wing Pilot for over ten years now.

I'll walk past 100 AT-TEs to get this A-Wing, that's how excited I am for this one.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

A-wing is probably the most accurate vehicle the vintage line ever produced, awesome toy. And it's nice to see the helmet done right, something we SSG'ers can be proud of since we're the ones who brought it to Hasbro's attention.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    A-wing is probably the most accurate vehicle the vintage line ever produced, awesome toy. And it's nice to see the helmet done right, something we SSG'ers can be proud of since we're the ones who brought it to Hasbro's attention.
    That helmet represents a big victory for the fans here at SSG. Especially with how quickly Hasbro announced a corrected version of the accessory after we brought it up in the Q&A. I don't know where to find Hasbro's response, but I remember they were completely unaware that the Tycho figure was given the wrong helmet for an A-Wing Pilot until that question was asked.

I'm also really excited to see that they've molded the side cannons in black and painted the nozzles red and white like they were in the movie. Now let's just hope that they don't overdo the "dirty" paint applications this time around.

The only thing that could possibly make this better is if they put the electronics back in; but that's almost too much to hope for. Which is kind of sad really, because the electronic lights and sounds were what really made the vintage vehicles come alive. The modern rereleases just feel like cheap hollow shells without them.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

looking at the picture there's a yellow 'glow' on the engines. now that could be a tan paint app. my first thought was that they may have slipped the 'tronics back in. doubtful though.